Date: 6 Sept. 2010
Author: Jason Priem firstname.lastname@example.org, modified by Keith Humm
Takes human names of arbitrary complexity and various wacky formats like:
- J. Walter Weatherman
- de la Cruz, Ana M.
- James C. ('Jimmy') O'Dell, Jr.
and parses out the:
- leading initial (Like "J." in "J. Walter Weatherman")
- title (such as Mr, Mrs, Dr, Prof etc)
- first name (or first initial in a name like 'R. Crumb')
- nicknames (like "Jimmy" in "James C. ('Jimmy') O'Dell, Jr.")
- middle names
- last name (including compound ones like "van der Sar' and "Ortega y Gasset"), and
- suffix (like 'Jr.', 'III')
See the website for usage, features, issues, credits, and documentation. You can also leave comments and requests there.