Contributing to modern-resume-theme
We love your input! We want to make contributing to this project as easy and transparent as possible, whether it's:
- Reporting a bug
- Discussing the current state of the code
- Submitting a fix
- Proposing new features
- Becoming a maintainer
We Develop with Github
We use github to host code, to track issues and feature requests, as well as accept pull requests.
Github Flow, So All Code Changes Happen Through Pull RequestsWe Use
Pull requests are the best way to propose changes to the codebase (we use Github Flow). We actively welcome your pull requests:
- Fork the repo and create your branch from
masterfor bug fixes and
developfor new features.
- If you've added code that should be tested, add tests.
- If you've changed APIs, update the documentation.
- Ensure the test suite passes.
- Issue that pull request!
Any contributions you make will be under the MIT Software License
In short, when you submit code changes, your submissions are understood to be under the same MIT License that covers the project. Feel free to contact the maintainers if that's a concern.
We use GitHub issues to track public bugs. Report a bug by opening a new issue; we've even got bug templates to make it easier for you!
Great Bug Reports tend to have:
- A quick summary and/or background
- Steps to reproduce
- Be specific!
- Give sample code if you can.
- What you expected would happen
- What actually happens
- Notes (possibly including why you think this might be happening, or stuff you tried that didn't work)
Use a Consistent Coding Style
As this is mostly templating we don't have many linting rules, but please
- Use 2 spaces for indentation rather than tabs
- Keep it tidy and easily understandable
By contributing, you agree that your contributions will be licensed under its MIT License.