Demovox (dev readme)
We use Github to maintain our Code. If you want to use our WordPress Plugin as a prebuilt Zip-File, visit our Website and download it from there.
Get the latest Stable Version: https://demovox.ch
demovox is a tool to collect signatures for Swiss popular initiatives by offering the visitor a personalized signature sheet.
It was initially built for the popular initiative Prämien-Entlastungs-Initiative.
This Plugin was developed by the Socialist Party of Switzerland.
If you want to use this Plugin for a Swiss Referendum or a Initiative consider a donation at https://demovox.ch
- PHP >= 7.0
- MySQL >= 5.6.5
- WordPress >= 4.9
- SSL certificate for HTTPS (unsecure connection is only allowed for development)
- Optional feature requires the PHP modules "GMP" or "BC Math"
demovoxto the Wordpress Plugin directory (/wp-content/plugins/)
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin in WordPress admin
- Place shortcodes [demovox_form] on a page
- Optionally use and [demovox_count] to get the number of collected signatures and [demovox_optin] for the opt-in form.
Please install the following build dependencies:
Download required packages:
npm install npm install grunt-cli sass -g composer install
Generate minified JS and CSS files and compile .mo translation files:
Create a ZIP which can be uploaded to a remote WordPress installation:
As developer you might want to work on a web server without SSL configured. Enable
open the Advanced settings of the plugin in the WordPress backend and disable "Redirect clients to secure HTTPS".
Running the tests
There are no automated tests available yet, feel free to implement them and send a pull-request.
Thanks goes to these wonderful people:
- @horlacher - Initial work
- @tsueri - Testing, website demovox.ch
- @dbu - Code review
- @sweleck - Contributions
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
This project is licensed under the GPLv3 License - see the LICENSE.txt file for details.