You can try out the app on its live instance.
Installation and Configuration
The project can run on any static web server.
Building from source
npm install -g yo grunt-cli bower
Fetch the source for the app:
git clone https://github.com/googledrive/realtime-tasks.git cd realtime-tasks npm install bower install
Create a Google APIs project and Activate the Drive API
First, you need to activate the Drive API for your app. You can do it by configuring your API project in the Google APIs Console.
- Create an API project in the Google APIs Console.
- Select the "Services" tab and enable the Drive API.
- Select the "API Access" tab in your API project, and click "Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID".
- In the Branding Information section, provide a name for your application (e.g. "Realtime Tasks"), and click Next. Providing a product logo is optional.
- In the Client ID Settings section, do the following:
- Select Web application for the Application type
- Click the more options link next to the heading, Your site or hostname.
- Click Create Client ID.
- In the API Access page, locate the section Client ID for Web applications and note the Client ID value.
- Go to the Drive SDK page and copy the App ID.
To enable integration with the Drive UI, go the Drive SDK page.
- Set the Open URL to
- Check the Create With option and set the New URL to
Adjust the above URLs as needed for the correct hostname or path. Localhost is currently not allowed.
Setup your App information
You should now have your Client ID and your App ID. Update the
CONFIG object in
Deploy, run that's it!
You can run a local server with grunt:
Before creating a pull request, please fill out either the individual or corporate Contributor License Agreement.
- If you are an individual writing original source code and you're sure you own the intellectual property, then you'll need to sign an individual CLA.
- If you work for a company that wants to allow you to contribute your work to this client library, then you'll need to sign a corporate CLA.
Follow either of the two links above to access the appropriate CLA and instructions for how to sign and return it. Once we receive it, we'll add you to the official list of contributors and be able to accept your patches.