Clone this wiki locally
Wiki ▸ API Reference
Collectors receive events from emitters and save them to Cube's Mongo database.
- /1.0/event/put - send events, either as HTTP POST or WebSockets.
- udp - send events via UDP.
- /collectd - send events from collectd.
Evaluators compute metrics and stream events to clients.
- /1.0/event/get - query events.
- /1.0/metric/get - query metrics.
- /1.0/types/get - query known event types.
Time-stamped events are how you get data into Cube.
- event.type - a name for grouping related events (such as "request").
- event.time - the event time in ISO 8601 format, UTC.
- event.id - an optional unique identifier for replacing events.
- event.data - an optional JSON blob for storing additional data with events.
Metrics are how you analyze events; group and reduce.
- metric.time - the metric value time in ISO 8601 format, UTC.
- metric.value - the computed metric value; may be undefined with missing data.
- metric.id - optional; a unique identifier for multiplexing metric requests.
The evaluator supports two different types of queries for finding events and computing metrics.
- metric expression - an expression for computing metric values from grouped events.
- event expression - a subset of a metric expression for querying events.
- cube.emitter - connect to the Collector at the specified URL.
- emitter.send - send an event.
- emitter.close - close the connection, once all events have been sent.