Version 1.0-alpha3 (2017-04-18)
Important bug fixes for 1.0 alpha, and introduction of HistoryFilter.
- API change: added Flow#setHistoryFilter to address https://github.com/square/flow/issues/220
- JavaDoc for Flow#get, better exception when it fails.
- Fix for crasher when calling goBack() during a transition
- Fix for intent handling (@Zhuinden)
- Allow saving state for multiple views in a single State (for MultiKeys) (@edenman)
Version 1.0-alpha2 (2016-09-02)
Important bug fixes for 1.0 alpha.
- API change: KeyChanger is now an interface
- Fix for service accounting bugs (@novachevskyi)
- Better exceptions for bad setup (@maxandron)
Version 1.0-alpha (2016-02-18)
Presented for review and feedback. API should still be considered unstable, docs incomplete, and functionality buggy. All of the above should be mostly resolved before beta.
1.0 brings major functional improvements and API changes.
- Activity integration has been rewritten and is much simpler. One line to configure and install; one optional line to handle the back button; one optional line to handle new Intent. Flow handles lifecycle internally.
- Resource management (including shared resources) is now natively supported via TreeKeys-- Path has effectively been absorbed and simplified. Contexts are now managed internally and there's much less nesting of wrappers.
- Multiple simultaneous states are now supported via MultiKeys-- Flow now works natively with UIs composed of dialogs, sheets, master-detail views, etc. MultiKeys can be composed of TreeKeys for resource sharing.
- Persistence has been expanded and simplified. You can now save a Bundle along with view state, and Flow takes care of all the lifecycle.
- Nested/queued traversals are much safer and more efficient.
goBackoperation in particular is safer and more predictable.
- Save state and view state are managed internally and orthogonally to History; you no longer have to take care to avoid losing state when changing History.
Version 0.12 (2015-08-13)
- Fix: History.Builder#pop is nullable again, and adds History.Builder#isEmpty.
Version 0.11 (2015-08-11)
- Fix: No longer persists an empty list of states if the filter excludes everything.
Version 0.10 (2015-05-01)
- Fix: The Builder returned by
History#buildUpon()is now safer to use. See javadoc for detail.
Version 0.9 (2015-04-24)
A large number of breaking changes have been made in the interest of focusing the library.
- Backstack is now called History and has some new method names.
backwardoperations are all gone. In their place are two simple methods:
goUpare gone. "Up" navigation is left as an exercise to app authors who need it, at least for the time being.
@Layoutannotation has been removed. You can find it in the sample if you want a copy.
- Listener is now called Dispatcher, and can be set on a Flow after construction. Dispatcher gets more information than Listener did.
There are also some new features, and more are coming.
- Added a Context service for easily obtaining the Flow.
FlowDelegatefor easier integration into an Activity.
- Added the flow-path module. Paths generally represent states/screens in an app, and are associated with Contexts which can be created by a user-supplied factory. PathContainer helps with switching views while maintaining view state.
Version 0.8 (2014-09-17)
- API break: The Listener now gets a Callback, which it must call when it has completed a transition.
- Flow now supports reentry. While a Listener is executing, calls to Flow which modify the backstack are enqueued.
- Beefed up sample app, including demonstration of providing view persistence via the back stack
Version 0.7 (2014-05-16)
- replaceTo and goUp keep original screens for a matching prefix of the stack.
- Fix waitForMeasureLoop in example code.
Version 0.6 (2014-04-21)
- API break: replaceTo() now has a new Direction associated with it,
REPLACE. This is logically more correct because the incumbent backstack is not consulted, and convenient because a replace transition is typically different from a forward or backward transition.
Version 0.5 (2014-04-15)
- Keep original screen on stack if found by resetTo.
Version 0.4 (2014-01-28)
- API break: @Screen(layout=R.layout.foo) > @Layout(R.layout.foo), and Screens > Layouts. Support for view class literals is gone. They break theming and the fix isn't worth the bother.
Version 0.3 (2014-01-21)
- New: Backstack#fromUpChain(Object), allows backstack to be created from a HasParent screen.
Version 0.2 (2013-11-12)