Arduino Cat Faucet
Project Complete. Ran for four years. RIP Beaker. She was great.
This the software side of my Arduino Cat Faucet project.
Super-important hourly cat drinking metrics.
- arduino/ - Arduino folder for arduino code to be uploaded onto an arduino. You should use the cat_faucet.ino sketch. Just upload it onto an Arduino and it will run. The harder part is building the actual hardware. I don't have plans at this point in time but you will see a large writeup in the link at the top.
- cat_faucet_bridge.rb - collects arduino data and uses a Fnordmetric client to log metrics/events
- fnord.rb - A Fnordmetric based webapp that collects Arduino data over XBee and graphs
- fnord_dummy_data.rb - a data generator if you just want to play with Fnordmetric
- Run bundle.
- You'll want to install and run redis. Defaults are fine. Fnordmetric uses the fnordmetric key namespace. The fnord.rb service expects Redis to be on localhost.
- Run cat_faucet_bridge.rb and plug in a Xbee explorer USB. Run in tmux, screen or set up Foreman.
- Run fnord.rb in tmux, screen or set up Foreman.
- Go to http://your-machine:4242 and watch the cat data come in.
- Include example Foreman script for fnord.rb and cat_faucet_bridge.rb
- Link to sparkfun parts.