The Digital Archives Metadata Registry:
- allows Digital Archives staff to progressively register preferences for published metadata terms (e.g. Dublin Core) to represent common metadata elements in the digital archives
- allows Digital Archives staff to progressively coin new terms (by providing a URI and description) to represent metadata elements in the digital archives for which no suitable published term can be identified
- informs NSW government agencies wishing to transfer digital archives of State Records' metadata preferences
- informs users accessing the digital archives of the full set of searchable metadata fields in the system
- provides a 'best practice' reference for NSW government agencies wishing to standardise metadata used in agency recordkeeping systems
- provides a useful resource for the digital preservation and recordkeeping communities.
- is automaticaly tested.
3 March 2014
- Replaced former registry (that was based on Dublin Core Application Profiles) with a simpler registry using Git and JSON Schema