SASS Boilerplate is a no-bullshit UI framework that is built for performance and compatibility.
It's meant for designers and developers who care about the bloat modern front-end frameworks like Bootstrap and Foundation are introducing, and aims to solve these issues with a simplistic, modular approach.
Similar to organic SCSS, this project uses placeholders wherever possible, so as to reduce duplicate code. As a result, your css parses slightly faster, and you have to maintain less code.
Choose one of the following options:
- Use the yeoman generator
- (New!) Install using bower -
bower install sassboilerplate
- Clone the git repo —
git clone https://github.com/srsgores/sass-boilerplate.git- and checkout the tagged release you'd like to use.
- SASS-ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Cross-browser compatible: support IE8 and potentially IE7. Hacks are ready to go, and can be disabled easily.
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- NO MORE Normalize.css! You don't have to worry about normalization
because the defaults are already in the base style via
- The latest jQuery and Modernizr build for feature detection via bower.
- Modularized component-based approach, with minimal coupling only to helpers, mixins, and compass. Mix and match them as you wish
- WAI-ARIA compliant, with roles. Start caring about accessibility today.
- Icomoon icons included, with better, faster approach to loading icons
- CSS3-animation-ready with companimation
- Placeholder fixes, placeholder styling
- Media query-ready, with grid system placeholders already implemented. Just extend a
%col, and you're good to go.
- Flexible grid placeholder naming scheme. Call your columns and rows whatever you want, and don't worry about bloat being output because you have placeholders! Once you extend, they fold to a single-column grid!
- Useful placeholders like
%large-padding-top, and so forth.
- Fluid, extensible grid system with working media queries via susy grid system
- Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for Grade-A performance.
- Cross-domain Ajax and Flash.
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
Take a look at the documentation table of contents (in progress). This documentation is bundled with the project, which makes it readily available for offline reading and provides a useful starting point for any documentation you want to write about your project.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Hundreds of developers have helped make the SASS Boilerplate what it is today.