👋 🔭I’m currently working for Red Hat (IBM) as part of Ansible DevTools team 🌱I’m currently maintaining several open source projects 💬
@zbrnick on matrix/irc channels as
⚡sbarnea.com personal blog, always outdated
I would like to thanks everyone that has aver supported me in my volutary work of supporting open-source project. I should mention at least few of these:
- Red Hat (IBM), which is also my employer, for giving me the freedom to contribute to whatever open-source project I do see fit and spend a signifiant portion of my work time doing this, not only my free time.
- Every other open-source maintainer which ever reviewed my contributions, or just replied to issues I raise. I do value your help!
- Those that decided to show appeciation by sponsoring me. Keep in mind that I donate 100% of what I receive to upstream opensource projects that I use.
- Several companies that found a way to support my work:
2020 proved to be a very stressful year which got me very close to a burnout. One measure that I had to take was to suspend my maintenance of jira library. I am aware that it is affected by a lot of bitrot and nobody was willing to spend the considerable amount of time needed to restore the CI.
Please do not get offeended if I do not reply to support questions on irc or email. Unless I already know you as someone that contributed to one of projects I maintain or just use, I would likely ignore direct messages.
Tool others made and that I want to share with you
- hyperfine for benchmarking command execution times
- ripgrep for searching locally. It recognizes gitignores and provide a very useful output. I do also have an alias for it
rg='rg --hidden --no-follow --max-columns 255 --no-heading --column -F'
- pyenv install and use multiple versions of python. Useful to bring python versions that your distro may lack. Especialy useful for MacOS.
- direnv which allows yuou to create
.envrcfiels on disk which are automatically loaded. You can put env vars there, including secrets in order to avoid cluttering your entire user profile. This also limits their availability based on where you run from.
- glances and htop as alternatives to old
ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIF+fxSQJpM7Ily1dWQ2Cpfft/0nnDwz2cjT1p0JZQqPr @ssbarnea (zbr)