Looking to learn how to build in Scuttlebutt? There's currently no canonical resource, but here's a map of the known archipelago!
Have you found an Uncharted Isle? We'd love to hear about it.
- scuttlebot.io - has great details about sbot and ssb-client (and other modules)
- ssbc.github.io - a predecessor to scuttlebutt.io, much of the same content, has some other tutorials
- scuttlebutt-protocol-guide - (ssb | github) learn about the protocol with beautiful diagrams
- scuttlebutt modules - a great overview of modules organised by domain / stack-position
- pull-stream.github.io - a guide to the pull-stream ecosystem (scuttlebut uses pull-streams extensively)
- github.com/pull-stream/pull-stream-faq - a simple FAQ
Intro to Node
Intro to Scuttlebutt
ssb-client- repo + video (ssb | github), learn how to connect to your databaseand do some streaming queries!
flumedb- repo + video (ssb | github), an intro to the database under scuttlebutt, about how to construct some views (reduced versions of the database) for powerful lookups!
scuttlebotplugins - repo
+ video(ssb | github) plug your
flumeviewinto scuttlebot (I figured our what went wrong at the end of the flumedb video!)
Intro to Mutant
- Part 1 - video, introduces observeables with
when. Make a part of the page toggle dynamically
- Part 2 - video, introduces
computedwhich takes in multiple observeables and makes a new observeable, and
Struct(kind a like an observeable object with pre-defined keys). I focus a bit of refactoring and moving code around to give you an idea of what's possible.
Mutant is a client side reactive library which is all about mutating the DOM. It's used by Patchwork, Patchbay, Ticktack (and the underlying lib Patchcore).
github.com/don-smith/ssb-tutorial - a command line intro that uses docker to spin up several sbots and get them talking to each other. github.com/kgibb8/scuttletron - an electron app with integrated scuttlebot server for quickstart application development.
scuttlebot.io - lots of code snippets, some background
- post a message
- watch for new messages
- publish a blob | read a blob (blobs are files / attachments)
- many others
ssbc.github.io/scuttlebot/ - (see HowTo Guides down side) more detail, but an odler reference