"No Delays" Air Traffic Management from NASA Space Apps Challenge (Toronto)
Basic Idea of the game:
- This is supposed to be a browser-based simulation game where users assume control of their local airport.
- You start off with a fixed number of planes of basic types (upgradable later).
- You have a fixed number to flights that you need to direct to their corresponding destinations.
- You score points for successfully delivering flights to their destinations, similar to how you would in a Civilization game.
- Incoming flights to your airport need to be handled accordingly.
- Aim of this game is to get users to see the bigger picture behind flights and air traffic control in general.
- Users need to be aware of things like weather, destination airport capacity, and other real life factors while they direct their flights.
- Points can be redeemed to purchased upgrades such as runways, better planes etc.
- Maps to Earth to start with. Capibitlies of adding Maps of Other planets and other custom location is also planned.
Single Player vs Multiplayer:
- Users will get to play against computer simulated airport controllers in a single player game.
- Multiplayer game will let users interact with other users.
(unfinished) Live Demo: here