A command-line tool for saving fanfiction to disk for reading offline. Currently in a very early stage of development, but I use it almost daily on Fanfiction.net, so you can be fairly certain that'll work reliably.
fanfic2ebook generates cleaned HTML suitable for conversion to eBooks and currently supports the following sites:
- FicWad (Known Bug: Download may fail unless URL of the last chapter is used)
- Twisting the Hellmouth (unreliably and they've recently added their own eBook export support)
See the output of --help for usage instructions.
Windows .exe bundles are NOT installers. They are ready-to-run tools which need no installation and should be run via cmd.exe.
Source Dependencies: (Will be included in .exe bundles)
- Python 2.x (I forget which version but anything installed by default should do)
- httplib2 (Optional but recommended. Provides HTTP caching and compression.)
Runtime Dependencies: (Not included in .exe bundles)
- MSVCR90.dll (Windows .exe bundles only. Normally included with Python and often already present on your system.)
- calibre (Optional. Only required for automatic conversion to non-HTML formats. Support may currently be broken.)
If you encounter problems, please report them via the GitHub issue tracker for this project.
When reporting problems, please provide the following information:
- The exact command line which gave you issues
- What version of fanfic2ebook you are using (For .exe bundles, run fanfic2html --version)
- What operating system you are running it on
- If running a source build, the versions of Python, LXML, and httplib2 you are using.