NOTE: This is a fork of the original jai-imageio-core (which is no longer maintained).
This project adds read/write support for the following file types to Java's ImageIO:
- gif (write)
The classes of this projects are not generally used directly, but through the SPI plugin mechanism of ImageIO. See the ImageIO guide for details.
This project is called 'standalone' as unlike the original
it has removed dependencies to jai-core packages (
javax.media.jai) and JPEG
jj2000). This version also does not include the C
implementations from libJIIO, meaning that this version is platform independent
and fully redistributable under the 3-clause BSD license in
LICENSE.txt (and thus is Apache and GPL compatible).
JPEG 2000 support is available as an additional module jai-imageio-jpeg2000 as it has a different (non-GPL compatible) license.
If you are not concerned about GPL compatibility or source code availability, you might instead want to use https://github.com/geosolutions-it/imageio-ext/ which is actively maintained and extends the original imageio with many useful features, but depends on the binary distribution of jai_core.
There is NO ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT in this repository; any commits here are mainly to keep the build working with recent versions of Maven/Java - the date in the version number indicates the time of such modifications and should not have any effect on functionality.
You are however encouraged to raise a Github Pull Request with any suggested improvements.
You can also raise an issue - your stacktrace might still be of use to someone else.
This project requires Java 5 or newer. To build this project, use Apache Maven 2.2.1 or newer and run:
mvn clean install
To use jai-imageio-core from a Maven project, add:
<dependency> <groupId>com.github.jai-imageio</groupId> <artifactId>jai-imageio-core</artifactId> <version>1.3.0</version> </dependency>
To find the latest
<version> above, see
jai-imageio-core at BinTray
jai-imageio-core is mirrored to Maven Central. Alternatively you can use this explicit repository:
<repositories> <repository> <id>bintray-jai-imageio</id> <name>jai-imageio at bintray</name> <url>http://dl.bintray.com/jai-imageio/maven/</url> <snapshots> <enabled>false</enabled> </snapshots> </repository> </repositories>
The Maven repository include additional artifact types such as
sources which should be picked up by your IDE's Maven integration.
To download the binary JAR, see the Downloads at BinTray.
Standalone Javadoc for jai-imageio-core is also provided.
Copyright and licenses
- Copyright © 2005 Sun Microsystems
- Copyright © 2010-2014 University of Manchester
- Copyright © 2010-2015 Stian Soiland-Reyes
- Copyright © 2015 Peter Hull
The source code for the jai-imageio-core project is copyrighted code that is licensed to individuals or companies who download or otherwise access the code.
The complete copyright notice for this project is in COPYRIGHT.txt
The source code license for this project is BSD 3-clause with an additional nuclear disclaimer, see LICENSE.txt
- 1.3.0 - Java package changed to com.github.jaiimageio MANIFEST.MF metadata corrected.
- 1.2.1 - Version 1.2.1 released. Pushing to Maven Central and BinTray. Workaround for OpenJDK8 libjpeg bug (issue #6). groupId changed from net.java.dev.jai-imageio to com.github.jai-imageio. Fix for PNM ASCII write (issue #7).
- 1.2-pre-dr-b04-2014-09-13 - Removed last jpeg2000 plugin. Javadoc now includes overview.
- 1.2-pre-dr-b04-2014-09-12 - Separated out JPEG 2000 support from jai-imageio-core for licensing reasons. Re-enabled junit test (issue #5).
- 1.2-pre-dr-b04-2013-04-23 - Updated README and pom, newer maven plugins, removed broken links to dev.java.net. Javadocs included and published at http://jai-imageio.github.com/jai-imageio-core/
- 1.2-pre-dr-b04-2011-07-04 - Avoid Maven many build warnings. Fixed character set.
- 1.2-pre-dr-b04-2010-04-30 - Initial Maven version, based on CVS checkout from dev.java.net, but with Maven pom.xml and only code covered by open source license.