Gitosis web admin
Gitosis web admin is a web based backend (rails application) for your gitosis based git repository hosting.
It basically manages your configuration and public key files which then will be pushed to your admin repository. But it does this through a very simple interface everyone understands.
This app assumes that you already set up gitosis. If not, see hosting git repositories the easy and secure way
Work in progress
Install the rails app
git clone git://github.com/masone/gitosis-web-admin.git cd gitosis-web-admin
Edit the configuration located at config/database.example.yml and save it as config/database.yml
sudo rake gems:install rake db:create rake db:migrate
Edit the configuration located at config/application.example.yml and save it as config/application.yml
If you’re not working on a clean installation of gitosis, you can import the current repositories and keys with rake.
Create a ssh key for the user that runs the application and give it access to gitosis-admin.
Do not set a password (otherwise it won’t work).
su application_user ssh-keygen -t rsa sudo -H -u git gitosis-init < ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
Ready to go
- Find a way that the key of the admin user can have a password
- Ajaxify submits
- Send mail notification to repository owner if anything related changes
- Send mail to key owner if anything related changes
- Links to a gitweb client
- Supporting more git config tags
- Config and database are loosely coupled. gitosis.conf is regenerated from database all the time. Manual changes in the config will be lost.
- If anything with your config or keys goes wrong, you can get them from git