I saw an idea of cutting eyes in toilet paper rolls, putting a glow stick in them, and setting them in the bushes. This is intended to look like eyes of unknown creatures.
I thought, why not go one better and give some life to the eyes using LEDs and an Arduino.
This is a glorified version of the basic "blink" program for the Arduino. It drives multiple LEDs independently using a simple multi-tasking core.
- Connect LEDs to the digital outputs.
- Update the firmware to include the correct number of LEDs and their pin numbers.
- Compile and upload to the Arduino.
- The firmware uses simple a cooperative multitasking core to drive each LED independently.
- Each process chooses a "tape" that it "plays" from a catalogue of tapes.
- The tapes contain instructions for turning the LEDs on/off with the ability to set random delays (in mS).
- Set the min/max times to be the same for fixed delays.