NebulaForge: Launch Stellar infrastructure on AWS
NebulaForge enables developers looking to build a project or business on Stellar to quickly deploy the necessary infrastructure in the cloud.
We plan to target a variety of use cases, from new developers looking to get started with an single-server node, all the way up to anchors looking to deploy highly available production infrastructure. These "infrastructure-as-code" reference architectures will be built using AWS CloudFormation templates.
This allows users to initiate a "one-click" deployment on their own AWS account by simply clicking on a link and filling out a few parameters on a web interface.
- quickstart - Deploys the well-known all-in-one stellar/quickstart docker image running in one container on a single EC2 instance.
- single-ec2 - Deploys individual cloud-optimized docker images for core, horizon and postgres running in separate containers on the same EC2 instance. More inline with best practices for container deployment.
- single-ec2-single-rds - Similar to single-ec2, but RDS is used to manage the database and an EFS backed volume is used to store local state.
- Retain data after stack deletion with the ability to resume.
- RDS Aurora support.
- More complex public/private VPC setup, multi-AZ failover.
- Multiple horizon instances with load balancing.
- Multiple participation profiles - watcher, archiver, basic validator, full validator.
- Test harness for validating the infrastructure.
- Additional software - Federation server, Bridge server, Compliance server.
- Logging, Monitoring, Alerting and other best practices.
- Option to use EKS (Kubernetes) instead of ECS when it becomes available.