StarMessage screensaver, version history
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
[5.8.1] - 2019-01-17
- The on-screen clock does not show the correct time in multiple monitors under MacOS
- Internal improvements
[5.8.0] - 2019-01-15
- The on-screen clock does not show the correct time in multiple monitors
- Parameter to control the time the quotes remain on screen.
Ini file entry: quoteDurationInSec=X
X can be a number from 4 to 30
Example to set a 10 sec duration:
[5.7.9] - 2018-12-14 (MacOS edition)
- MacOS 10.14 Mojave screensaver issues with text sprites (Clock, quotes, moon information, marque text line), fixed
[5.7.8] - 2018-12-09 (MacOS edition)
[5.7.7] - 2018-12-01 (MacOS edition)
The "keep the computer awake", power settings of the screensaver had stopped working on 5.7.6 for MacOS. They are now fixed.
On MacOS, when installing the screensaver, a warning was appearing that the Mac screensaver "can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer". The digital signature of the screensaver was fixed and the warning stopped appearing.
- Better start-up effect of the screensaver's digital clock
- Internal improvements
[5.7.6] - 2018-10-21
- Internal improvements for the moon phases calculation.
- Moon disc illumination bug right after a full moon day.
- Digital clock functionality.
You can use StarMessage as a digital clock screensaver.
- Windows only version: Setup improvements.
- Better moon phase accuracy of the illuminated moon image.
- More options for the "keep awake" delay durations at the power settings that prevent the computer (Mac or PC) from going to sleep mode.
- Fixed the 2018 moon phases bug.
- More love quotes
- Telemetry consent
- In the Windows screensaver edition, added compatibility for Windows XP
- Screen savers' log file occasionally saved on the desktop.
- Better notification messages for the past new moon and full moon exact time.
- Additional quotes.
- Better illumination of the new moon phase.
- Improved software activation and registration.
- Better launch options for Mac App screensaver (Apple Mac Store screensaver)
- The free screensaver edition can be activated to a full edition by entering an activation code. No need to download and install the full edition as a separate screen saver.
- The shooting stars fall more frequently in the commercial edition
- The sound starts to play after a small delay to improve the usability during the screensaver's launch
- (Windows only) Users can now hide the moon and/or the various information about the moon (e.g. upcoming moon dates, illumination per cent, etc.)
- Added shooting stars. (make a wish if you are fast enough)
- The screensaver quotes are now moving on the screen
- Users can add their own quotes to the existing list of famous, funny, romantic quotes. (Mac OS X edition only)
- new feature: Famous quotes of love, humor, wisdom, inspiring quotes, etc.
- Added relaxing sounds of nature