User contributed notes on various web host that play well or don't play with with Statamic. Send your pull requests, no affiliate links!
PHP Versions by Host
Hosts that play nice
These guys work well with Statamic right out of the box.
- A Small Orange
- Cleverhost - run by a Statamic community member
- Digital Ocean (One-Click LAMP Stack)
- Digital Pacific - Sydney, Australia
- DreamHost - server tweaks needed
- Google Cloud Platform
- Laravel Forge + Linode
- Media Temple (dv)
- Media Temple (grid)
- Metanet - Switzerland
- OVH is a nice web host with 3 main data centers in northeastern France and one near Montreal (Quebec, Canada). It offers PHP 5.5 and 5.4.
- Panthur - Sydney, Australia
Hosts that don't play nice
You should probably avoid these. It doesn't mean it's not possible, but will likely require support tickets to enabled PHP modules like
mbstring, and so on.
- Go Daddy - doesn't meet server requirements
- Rackspace Cloud - issues with out-of-sync file timestamps and permissions
- 1and1.com - please see issue raised for more details.
Standard Dev Environments
Wide-spread dev environments that work well (e.g. MAMP)