Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
First release of BlendNet!
This release to show the the concept are working well.
- Prepared Blender UI, Manager & Agent
- It's all working on GCP provider
- If some Agent is terminating - Manager getting it's results and reassigning the least work to another subtask
- There is some cost-optimizations (Agents will be stopped if there is no tasks or Manager is going to shutdown)
- Tested on simple project - and looks like working
- Tested only on Linux - hopefully should work on MacOSX and maybe will work on Windows (but expect errors).
- Initial configuration is quite hard for someone who never used GCP gcloud utility
- Tested only on GCP with default project - so if you have some interesting configs, it could fail
- Agents will have external ip to download external resources (updates, blender binary)
- Some settings are not working - for example you can’t specify the existing manager IP, so only dynamic creation on GCP
- Auto-shutdown of the Manager - so you have to stop it manually
- Save of the Manager/Agent tasks information between runs - do not shutdown Manager until you get all the required information from it
- Simple auto download the results - right now they are downloaded only if you previewing them
- Not tested render with dependencies (images,caches) - so could contain some minor issues
- Interface is responsive - but relies on user interaction, so if it’s not updating - just fly mouse around it
- Providers interface is not looks good - will be rewritten
- Animation (multiple frames) tasks creation glitches (sometimes stuck for some reason on some frames) and slow, but could be used somehow)
- No Manager tasks control Addon interface