An opinionated static build tool, powered by webpack
Note: This project is currently unmaintained. If you are interested in taking over maintenance, please reach out!
Why should you care?
If you're building a website or client-side app – then
Spike certainly is not the only static site generator out there, but in our opinion, it's the most powerful and easiest to use.
Spike is fairly strict in enforcing a default stack. However, the stack allows for quite a large amount of flexibility as all of the parsers are simply foundations that do nothing by default and accept plugins to transform code. Also spike's core compiler is Webpack, so you can customize your project with loaders and plugins. The inflexibility of the stack means faster compiles and better stability. We use...
- reshape for markup
- babel for JS and JS transforms
- postcss for CSS transforms
- webpack as the core compiler
- Easy configuration via the
- Integration with Webpack's massive plugin/loader ecosystem
- Support for ES6 in your client-side JS via Babel
- PostCSS default means extensive flexibility in CSS syntax and tools
- Reshape default means the same for your HTML
- Breezy local development powered by Browsersync
- Selective compile in
- Support for multiple environments
- Interactive Project Starters via sprout
- Spike Plugins for common integrations
npm install spike-core -S