Hackage-Fu: Browser plugins to increase Hackage productivity
Now available on the Chrome Web Store!
Hackage-Fu is a Chrome extension to add some useful buttons to Hackage. My current workflow is as follows:
- Find a package (or specific module) in google
- Hit "contents" to find out if i'm on the most recent version
- If i'm on the most recent version, hit "back", or:
- Select the most recent version of the package
- Find the original page I was looking at (which i've usually forgotten!)
Hackage-Fu adds notifications to tell you if you're on the latest version, links to take you there if you aren't, and informs you if the module you're looking at no longer exists in the package.
If you're looking at an older version of a package, Hackage-Fu adds a button next to the "Contents" link on the top navigation bar which will take you to the contents page of the most recent version of the package.
Latest version of current page
If there's a version of the current page in the newest version of the package, Hackage-Fu displays it before the "Source" link in the navbar in orange- For example Network.Riak.Value.
If the current page does not exist in the newest version, it is shown as "obsolete".
- Clone the repository
options -> settings
Developer Modein the top right of the page
Load unpacked extension
- Navigate to the cloned repository, and select the
You should now have the hackage-fu extension installed. You can make
changes and reload with
Ctrl+R in the extensions screen.
- Fix bug on 'latest' url e.g. here This appears to be a bug in Hackage- "Contents" button on "latest" page links to 0.53.5 instead of 1.0.2
- Port to Firefox
- Port to Greasemonkey
- Menu for navigating to arbitrary versions of the same page
Fix bug in "old hackage" where links are not displayed, e.g. here Fix bug incorrectly comparing version strings.