Welcome to the steemit API and Developer Docs.
The Live Steem API Developer docs can be viewed at steemit API docs
Steemit is the social media platform where everyone gets paid for creating and curating content.
The following API documents provide details on how to interact with the Steem blockchain database API which can get information on accounts, content, blocks and much more!
The developer portal will also serve as a toolbox for steem clients, libraries, and language wrappers.
Steemit docs are built with the great slate framework. Slate supports markdown for editing our API documentation.
- Clone this repository to your hard drive with
git clone https://github.com/steemit/steemit-docs.git
- Initialize and start Slate. You can either do this locally, or with Vagrant:
# either run this to run locally bundle install bundle exec middleman server # OR run this to run with vagrant vagrant up
- The docs should now be viewable at
Contributing and Publishing New Updates
- Commit your changes locally
- Make sure your origin remote is set to
- Git push origin master
- Run ./deploy.sh