System Rules is a collection of JUnit rules for testing code which uses
System Rules is available from Maven Central.
<dependency> <groupId>com.github.stefanbirkner</groupId> <artifactId>system-rules</artifactId> <version>1.18.0</version> </dependency>
Please don't forget to add the scope
test if you're using System
Rules for tests only.
System Rules' documentation is stored in the
gh-pages branch and is
available online at
You have three options if you have a feature request, found a bug or simply have a question about System Rules.
- Write an issue.
- Create a pull request. (See Understanding the GitHub Flow)
- Write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
System Rules is build with Maven. If you want to contribute code than
- Please write a test for your change.
- Ensure that you didn't break the build by running
- Fork the repo and create a pull request. (See Understanding the GitHub Flow)
The basic coding style is described in the
- Select a new version according to the Semantic Versioning 2.0.0 Standard.
- Set the new version in
pom.xmland in the
Installationsection of this readme.
- Commit the modified
mvnw clean deploywith JDK 6 or 7.
- Add a tag for the release:
git tag system-rules-X.X.X