The app includes Select2 driven Django Widgets and Form Fields.
pip install django_select2
INSTALLED_APPSin your project settings.
When deploying on production server, run :-
python manage.py collectstatic
Documentation available at http://django-select2.readthedocs.org/.
More details can be found on my blog at - http://blog.applegrew.com/2012/08/django-select2/.
- Django - This is obvious.
- jQuery - This is not included in the package since it is expected that in most scenarios this would already be available.
testapp application. This application is used to manually test the functionalities of this package. This also serves as a good example.
You need only Django 1.4 or above to run that. It might run on older versions but that is not tested.
- Samuel Goldszmidt (@ouhouhsami) for reporting many fundamental issues with the code, because of which versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 were released.
- Addressed enhancement issue#12.
- Addressed enhancement issue#11.
- Addressed performance issue#8.
- Fixed issue#7.
- Bumping up minor version since Select2 JS has been updated to version 3.2. It seems Select2 JS now includes new higher resolution icons for Retina displays.
- Fixed an issue in
setup.pybecause of which
templatetagsdirectory was not included in last PIP releases' tar file.
AUTO_RENDER_SELECT2_STATICSsettings. This, when specified and set to
settings.pythen Django_Select2 widgets won't automatically include the required scripts and stylesheets. When this setting is
True(default) then every Select2 field on the page will output
<link>tags to include the required JS and CSS files. This is convinient but will output the same JS and CSS files multiple times if there are more than one Select2 fields on the page.
django_select2_tagstemplate tags to manually include the required JS and CSS files, when
AUTO_RENDER_SELECT2_STATICSis turned off.
- Revised the design of heavy fields. The previous design didn't quite make it easy to back heavy fields by big data sources. See
fields.HeavyChoiceFieldclass and its methods' docs for more info.
- Updated docs.
- Some more fixes for issue#4.
- Updated Select2 JS to version 3.1.
- Added docs.
- Some bug fixes. See issue#4.
select2_optionskwarg to override its
attrswere being used for this too. This means backward compatibility has been broken here.
attrswill no longer override
optionsvalues. The major release version has been changed to 3, because of this backward incompatible change.
- Auto id registration fixes.
Mostly major bug fixes in code and design. The changes were many, raising the possibility of backward incompatibility. However, the backward incompatibility would be subtle.
Auto fields (sub-classes of AutoViewFieldMixin) now accepts
auto_idparameter. This can be used to provide custom id for the field. The default is 'module.field_class_name'. Ideally only the first instance of an auto field is registered. This parameter can be used to force registration of additional instances by passing a unique value.