This repository contains all the sources of both the Opa compiler and the Opa library.
$ ./configure $ make $ sudo make install
should get you there
./configure should report any missing dependencies and
point you to the packages you may install to fix them (although those may depend
on your distribution). make needs to be GNU make.
The main dependency of Opa is OCaml 3.12 and Node.js 0.6. In case your distribution doesn't
provide a recent enough version, or if you miss some other dependencies, you can
installation_helper.sh script, which automates the download and
installation of our dependencies. Try
$ dependencies/installation_helper.sh --help
- _build: compilation target directory
- build: build scripts and auxiliary Makefiles
- copyright: some copyright information used in our binary package, which includes external software (as obtained from the dependency installation helper).
- dependencies: contains the dependency installation helper
- dissemination: contains helper programs to run on the cloud (transitional)
- installer: auxiliary files used to build binary packages
- plugins: additional Opa library modules (work in progress)
- stdlib: the Opa standard library
- tools: contains external checking tools; see Credits below
- utils: some auxiliary, independent tools like bash completion, syntax highlighting for popular editors, etc.
The other directories contain the source of the Opa libraries, compiler, and tools.
Files at the root of the repository:
*.mllib: ocamlbuild target declaration for building an ocaml lib
*.itarget: ocamlbuild target declaration for building a set of targets
install_release.sh: builds a full Opa runtime in order to make a binary package
platform_helper.sh: some helpers to guarantee script compatibility, mostly between Linux and MacOS
make_package.sh: builds various kinds of binary packages from the file hierarchy created by
The build system is based on OCamlbuild; the included
dynamically builds an ocamlbuild plugin and generates targets based on files
build_rules.ml for more information. All generated
files are put in
_build, following the same hierarchy as the source directory.
All bug reports, feedback, comments, contributions or remarks are welcome, either on our website: http://opalang.org.
In particular, users are welcome to: