This app will read in an uploaded image and create a mosaic image based on it composed of map tiles. You would be able to render your avatar with tiles from a chosen city.
Planning to use:
- Nokia Map API api.maps.nokia.com
Github Fetch tiles Load balance between domains
Load in canvas X-origin proxy try sort by hue Slice partial tiles Store raw pixel data in tile cache
- Algorithm for matching image
Calc average color
- Closest match for r-g-b values
- Detect shapes?
- Greyscales values / hue
- Alpha-blend with uploaded image
- Shape based matching, use edge detecion?
- Need cache for rendered tiles?
- Or browser + localStorage?
- De-couple number of tiles fetched from image size
- Support arbitrary image sizes
- Fix Chrome
- Restructure code, split off into files, files into folders
- Deploy on 5-apps, or nodester
Add proxy for CORS to map-tile server written in Node, for more easy local running
- Upload & read image
- Frontend? Canvas?
- Display uploaded image
- Use map api to display, zoomable tiles
- Pick bounding box for tiles
- Random planet
- Around lat/lng
- Select from map, can read tiles directly from map in DOM?
Name: MapMosaic App ID: ayTdeMpluq0EkCHDIplm Token/AppCode: SxHxfkhbfzGOzF2AeBZTnQ