Stegos Testnet 5 Release Notes
Stegos creates cutting-edge technology that keeps your secrets safe from prying eyes so you feel empowered and secure.
This is the fifth testnet release of the Stegos blockchain. Changes since [Testnet 4](https://github.com/stegos
- Added a fork resolution mechanism to consensus and improved handling of network partitions.
- Implemented basic cheating detection of malicious validators in consensus (without punishment for now).
- Significantly reduced the time of full sync with the network.
- Switched to real peer-to-peer unicast messaging with NAT traversal support.
- Extended WebSocket API to support notifications about blockchain status.
- Fixed bugs and improved stability of consensus and network subsystems.
TestNet-5 release is not fully compatible with TestNet-4 release. Please reset your local database if you upgrading from the previous release:
rm -rf database/
Check the project plan for additional information.
Please join us on Telegram to get test tokens and let us know your thoughts.
Testnet node installation
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.5/stegos-linux-x64 -o stegos chmod a+x stegos ./stegos
curl -L https://github.com/stegos/stegos/releases/download/v0.5/stegos-macos-x64 -o stegos chmod a+x stegos ./stegos
Right after the start the node will print a lot of
INFO messages with debugging information regarding bootstrapping your node. Press
Enter to get
stegos> prompt. To get help enter
help command at the prompt.