AiLight is a custom firmware for the inexpensive Ai-Thinker (or equivalent) RGBW WiFi light bulbs that has a ESP8266 onboard and controlled by the MY9291 LED driver.
Current Stable Release: v0.5.0 (Please read the changelog for detailed information).
With AiLight you can:
- switch the light on or off
- set the level of the 4 colour channels (Red, Green, Blue and White)
- set the brightness level
- set the light at a particular colour temperature
- let the light flash (i.e. blinking with a given colour and brightness)
- enable Gamma Correction to make the LED colours appear closer to what our eyes perceive
- set the light to transition to the new state, rather than immediately.
This can all be done with the built-in (mobile friendly) Web UI or in Home Assistant (using the MQTT built-in integration via JSON). The Web UI also gives you the ability to configure your Ai-Thinker RGBW Light remotely. You can easily change your WiFi settings or the configuration of your MQTT broker.
- REST API
- MQTT Last Will and Testament enabled
- Support for Home Assistant's MQTT Discovery
- Support for Over The Air (OTA) firmware updates
- Preserve light settings and configuration after power cycle or restart
- Perform remote restart using the built-in HTML UI.
- Reset to factory defaults using the built-in HTML UI (* 'factory' here means the default settings of the AiLight firmware upon compile time)
REST API MQTT Discovery Transitions Remember light state after power cycle MQTT Last Will And Testament Gamma Correction
Bugs and Feedback
For bugs, questions and discussions, please use the Github Issues.
Contributions are encouraged and welcome; I am always happy to get feedback or pull requests on Github :) Create Github Issues for bugs and new features and comment on the ones you are interested in.
Credits and License
The AiLight Firmware is open-sourced software licensed under the MIT license. For the full copyright and license information, please see the file that was distributed with this source code.