This project aims to provide an easy-to-deploy Stellar ticker.
This project provides a docker setup that makes it easy to get a Ticker up and running (you can check an architecture overview here). In order to get up and running, follow these steps:
- Install Docker
- Clone the monorepo and
$ cd services/ticker
- Build the Ticker's docker image:
$ docker build -t ticker .
- Run the Ticker:
$ docker run --rm -it -p "8000:8000" ticker(you'll be asked to enter a PostgreSQL password)
- After the initial setup (after the
supervisord startedmessage), you should be able to visit the two available endpoints: http://localhost:8000/markets.json and http://localhost:8000/assets.json
Persisting the data
The quickstart guide creates an ephemeral database that will be deleted once the Docker image stops
running. If you wish to have a persisting ticker, you'll have to mount a volume inside of it. If
you want to do this, replace step
4 with the following steps:
- Create a folder for the persisting data
$ mkdir /path/to/data/folder
- Run the ticker with the mounted folder:
$ docker run --rm -it -p "8000:8000" -v "/path/to/data/folder:/opt/stellar/postgresql" ticker(you'll also be asked to enter a PostgreSQL password in the first time you run, but shouldn't happen the next time you run this command).
- Voilà! After the initial setup / population is done, you should be able to visit you should be able to visit the two available endpoints: http://localhost:8000/markets.json and http://localhost:8000/assets.json
Using the CLI
You can also test the Ticker locally, without the Docker setup. For that, you'll need a PostgreSQL instance running. In order to build the Ticker project, follow these steps:
- See the details in README.md for installing dependencies.
$ go run main.go --helpto see the list of available commands.