This repository contains Core Advancement Proposals (CAPs) and Stellar Ecosystem Proposals (SEPs). Similarly to BIPs and EIPs, CAPs and SEPs are the proposals of standards to improve Stellar protocol and related client APIs.
CAPs deal with changes to the core protocol of the Stellar network.
SEPs deal with changes to the standards, protocols, and methods used in the ecosystem built on top of the Stellar network.
The root directory of this repository contains:
- Templates for creating your own CAP or SEP
cap-xxxxsubdirectories that contain all media/script files for a given CAP or SEP document.
- core directory which contains accepted CAPs (
xxxxis a CAP number with leading zeros, ex.
- ecosystem directory which contains accepted CAPs (
xxxxis a SEP number with leading zeros, ex.
- drafts directory for proposed SEPs or CAPs. These documents will be removed from here once approved.
Example repository structure:
├── README.md ├── contents │ ├── cap-0001 │ │ └── image.png │ └── sep-0002 │ └── script.go ├── core │ ├── cap-0001.md | ├── cap-0002.md | └── cap-0003.md ├── ecosystem │ ├── sep-0001.md | ├── sep-0002.md | ├── sep-0003.md | └── sep-0004.md ├── drafts | ├── draft-0001.md | └── draft-0002.md ├── cap-template.md └── sep-template.md
See the core section
- Write your SEP using
- Place it in the /drafts directory.
- Create a PR in this repository.
- SEP number assigned (
ACCEPTED) or SEP rejected (
- Discussion and changes.
- SEP merged (
FINAL) or SEP rejected (