A curated list of companies using Elixir in production, organized by industry.
- Adjust (Github) - Mobile user attribution and advanced app analytics, combined with store stats. How elixir being used Click here. Berlin, Germany.
- Aircloak (GitHub) - Aircloak’s first-in-class real-time database anonymization solution provides instant privacy compliance and enables high-quality analytics for any data set and any use case. Aircloak's from Berlin. Saša Jurić, the author of Elixir in Action is software engineer at Aircloak.
- Weedmaps Weedmaps.com is a community where medical marijuana users connect with other users in their geographic region to freely discuss and review local cannabis co-operatives, storefronts, medical doctors and delivery services. We are headquartered in Irvine, CA, and we are using Elixir to build our backend services.
- Canvas (GitHub) - Notes for team of nerds.
- Planning Center (Github) - Planning Center's suite of apps work together to allow more ministry in your Ministry. Planning Center is from USA. And it's adopting Elixir to it's stack.
- 361° DIGITAL - We are a digital agency based in Stuttgart, Germany. We create web and mobile apps using Elixir, Phoenix, React and React Native.
- Agilion (GitHub) - Software development and consulting.
- AppUnite (GitHub) - We are efficient, goal-oriented software development team of professionals specialized in mobile and web.
- Big Nerd Ranch (GitHub) - We design and build innovative applications. We teach developers to do the same through our books and immersive training.
- bitcrowd (GitHub) - Berlin based software development and consulting for startups.
- Bitgamma (GitHub) - We develop web, desktop and embedded applications. We code Elixir, C, Java/Javacard, Ruby, JS. We love working on embedded and custom boards.
- Briisk (GitHub) - Software agency devoted to defining, designing and developing applications, both for web and mobile. We build custom B2B and B2C products with Ruby, Elixir, Angular, Ionic and React Native. Based in Poznan, Poland.
- Carbon Five (blog) - Agile Web and Mobile Product Development in San Francisco, NYC, Los Angeles, and Chattanooga. Proud to have Elixir/Phoenix in our toolbox and to support Wallaby.
- CivilCode (GitHub) - Developing tailored web-based business applications in Montreal, Canada.
- Cobenian (GitHub) - We solve problems with software.
- Coders51 (GitHub) - We develop web and mobile solutions for the entire galaxy.
- code lever (GitHub) - We develop software for small teams with big goals. Working to grow the Elixir/Erlang ecosystem in the Midwest, USA.
- Cultivate (GitHub) - Long-term practitioners of agile, Lean Startup and Lean UX, providing end-to-end product development. We’re using Elixir on live client projects and have been building web applications since 2009, when we operated as the Edinburgh office of EdgeCase.
- Diacode (GitHub) - Former Ruby on Rails development shop now embracing Elixir and Phoenix. Authors of Phoenix Trello clone. Co-Organizer of the Madrid |> Elixir meetup.
- Diatom Enterprises (GitHub) - Diatom Enterprises - Latvia based custom outsource software development company producing software for a wide variety of industries. We are proficient in Elixir, .NET, Java, Ruby on Rails, Node.JS, Angular.JS and other technologies. We offer Web, Mobile and Desktop development.
- DockYard (GitHub) - Projects, staff augmentation, coaching, & code audits. Organizer of Boston Elixir. Specialize in Phoenix backends with Ember frontends. Chris McCord is Architectural Engineer and creator of Phoenix.
- Dynamo (Github) - We build beautiful digital experiences for startups and other innovators. Using Elixir to power our backends. Based in Montreal, Canada.
- Echobind(Github) - As a US-based full-service agency, we leverage Elixir to drive robust web and mobile applications. From design and implementation to trainings and code audits, we help our clients achieve.
- EL Passion (GitHub) - Helping startups launch their products since 2010. Coding in Ruby, JS, Elixir, Swift, Kotlin. Organizer of Elixir Warsaw Meetup.
- Erlang Solutions - Erlang Solutions provide on-site/remote Elixir and Erlang consulting, architecture/code reviews and training for companies of all sizes - from startups to Fortune 100 companies - with over 15 years of experience designing scalable, fault-tolerant systems in Erlang/OTP. The company employs over 100 specialists working out of London, Stockholm, Krakow, Budapest, Berlin, San Francisco, Seattle and Buenos Aires. GitHub.
- Fully Forged - Software development and training, based in London.
- Gaslight - Software Development, consulting, coaching, training, Organizer of the Cincinnati Elixir group. Now using Elixir and Phoenix in production.
- Govannon - Software development, consulting and full stack engineers.
- Hashrocket (GitHub) - Hashrocket is an expert team of designers, developers and consultants. We specialize in Ruby on Rails, Ember, Elixir, Phoenix and mobile. We offer consulting, design, development, identity and training services.
- Icicle Technologies(GitHub) - Provides Consulting, Product Development on Elixir & Phoenix. Organizer of Bangalore Elixir Group, built ElixirNation.io.
- Infinite Red(GitHub) - Mobile and web app design and development services, using Elixir / Phoenix, React, and React Native. Based in Portland, San Francisco, and remote across the USA, with clients in eight countries. We build and maintain dozens of popular open source libraries.
- Isotope11 (GitHub) - We provide custom software development and relevant technologies to a wide range of clients. Josh Adams of ElixirSips was the CTO.
- Isnor Creative - Software development since 2008. Ruby, Elixir, Ember, React
- Kabisa - Software crafts(wo)men, passionately committed to exceed our customers expectations in every step we take. We value creativity and flexibility. Co-Organizer of the Amsterdam Elixir meetup.
- Lab Zero (GitHub) - A San Francisco based development and design group. We specialize in Ruby, JS and Elixir.
- LessEverything Companies hire us to build their big software idea, create integrations between products, improve their conversion rates or just bring new ideas to the table.
- Made by Many (GitHub) - We help businesses identify market opportunities, bring successful digital products to life and create the culture & capabilities to sustain them.
- Mirego (GitHub) - We help our clients innovate and reinvent themselves in order to prosper in the digital era.
- Nebo #15 (GitHub) - A Kiev based fintech R&D team, part of a large private equity fund. We specialize in large-scale financial projects that entirely build on Elixir, React and Kubernetes.
- Neon Tree Solutions - Elixir, Erlang, React, Scala and Node.js outsourcing and consulting. We specialize in helping out start-ups and small companies to find the best tools for the job.
- Nerds & Company (GitHub) - Creating value for companies by creating value for people. A digital agency based in the Netherlands. Specialized in innovative projects. Experts in Elixir, Ruby and mobile.
- Plataformatec (GitHub) - Project inception, coaching, tailored projects, general consulting. Sponsor of Elixir, employer to Elixir's BDFL.
- Prograils (GitHub) - Software House full of skilled web developers and mobile experts. Our agile development team combines technologies like Elixir, Ruby on Rails, React and HTML 5 to build user friendly web & mobile apps.
- Progress Engine (Github) - Software development company, based in Moscow, Russia and specialized in mobile and web applications development
- PromptWorks (Github) - Philadelphia's premier software consultancy with a reputation for quality and rigor. Uses technologies like Elixir, Go, Ruby, Python, React, and Ember.
- Red Panthers (Github) - We specialize in helping our clients validate, build and expand their business through technology
- RokkinCat (GitHub) - Build projects, consulting, mobile and backend development. Wide range of clients.
- Semaphore Mobile (GitHub) - We are a custom mobile application company based in Dallas. We use Elixir to build backend CMS and APIs for our clients web and mobile products.
- Substantial (GitHub) - We are a digital product studio headquartered in Seattle. We use Elixir to build backends for web and mobile products.
- Stride Consulting (Github) - We’re NYC Agile Software Development Specialists. We help tech teams be their best inside the code and out. NYC, USA.
- thoughtbot (GitHub) - We work with companies to design, develop and grow high quality web and mobile products. We write and maintain open source software like ExMachina.
- toy rocket science (GitHub) - We are a small expert team of developers in Berlin. We have a broad range of clients and make software that ranges from heavy-lifting on the server to the frontend, including apps.
- Vinsol (blog) - Leading Web and Mobile Product Development company with expertise in Ecommerce. Maintainers of SpreeCommerce(Rails) and NectarCommerce(Elixir/Phoneix) Open source projects.
- wemake.services (GitHub) - We make, craft, and develop web services and mobile applications in Moscow, Russia. We also host elixir meetups in Moscow.
- woumedia - Software House and Digital Design Agency from Copenhagen.
- Badger - Remind your friends with a delayed text/push.
- CrankWheel - Insanely simple freemium screen sharing plus enterprise features.
- Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers.
- Dubber (Github) - Dubber is a native cloud, call recording software as a service with unlimited scalability. Capture IM, video and calls like never before! Using Elixir to power our billing system and other backends. Based in Melbourne, Australia.
- E-MetroTel - Cost-effective SIP based Unified Communication solutions.
- Flow - All your team’s communication, clear and organized.
- Fred - FRED is an artificial intelligence, conversational commerce and chatbots ecosystem with multiple platforms based in Brazil. FRED platforms enable companies of any size to build chatbots and messaging services in multiple channels.
- Mainframe - Building the future of email.
- ProcessOne (GitHub) - Leader in Instant Messaging and Push Solutions.
- Pypestream - B2C Messaging Platform
- Talkdesk (Github) - Cloud-Based Call Center Software.
- TalkJS (Github) - Pluggable user-to-user messaging for marketplaces and online platforms. We use Elixir for most of our messaging infrastructure.
- Telnyx (Github) - Telnyx provides a cloud-based portal & API offering carrier grade voice services such as Origination, Termination and SIPtrunking over the Internet. Chicago, IL, USA.
- Tongdao (Github) - Tongdao is a data-driven marketing platform designed to enable businesses to understand their customers and engage them in a smart and personalized way across multiple channels. Using Elixir to power our messaging system and data collection backend. Shanghai, China.
- VoiceLayer - Integrate realtime Push-to-Talk into your application.
- Customer Lobby (Github) - Repeat Customer & Reviews Software. We are currently in the process of building a couple of services that use elixir. Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Elevio (Github) - We build contextual and predictive help for site and app owners so their customers can help themselves. We use Elixir for handling small data, orchestrating background jobs and messaging. We are based in sunny Melbourne, Australia.
- HiOperator - Customer support as-a-service. Think of us like AWS for customer service. We scale companies phone, chat or email support. YC-S16.
- StellaService (Github) - We build products that optimize front-line team performance, gather feedback and insights and improve customer experiences across contact centers and stores. Now hiring (Q3 for Q4 '17) Elixir engineers for new product development. Based in NYC, USA.
- GitMonitor (Blog) - Custom rules and notifications for your GitHub repositories
- Timber (GitHub) - Timber makes logging useful again. Simple to set up, powerful search and filtering at your fingertips.
- Lexmark (GitHub) - Provider of printing and imaging products, software, solutions and services that help customers save time and money.
- PagerDuty (GitHub) - PagerDuty is your fastest path to incident resolution, helping IT Operations and DevOps teams deliver on the promise of agility, performance, and uptime.
- Puppet Labs (GitHub) - Leader in IT automation. Host of the Portland, OR Elixir Meetup. Internal Elixir and Phoenix apps in production. All new internal development targeted at Elixir.
- Stampery (GitHub) - 21st century notarization at your fingertips. We offer an immutable record of existence, integrity and ownership of all your files and email by leveraging the Blockchain technology.
- Fave by Groupon (GitHub) - Get discounted deals from restaurants, cafes, bars, spa, salon, and gyms near you. Southeast Asia.
- Packlane (GitHub) - Design and order custom printed packaging online.
- Postmates (Github) - On-demand delivery company based in San Francisco. We use Elixir in a lot of our internal projects (merchant inventory system, partner tools portal) and we have plans on open-sourcing a Thumbor library very soon.
- Quiqup (Github) - Quiqup is a London-based startup offering on-demand, short distance logistics solutions. The data bus and core message broker are written in Elixir.
- Raise Marketplace - Buy and Sell Gift Cards - Exchange Gift Cards. Pricing recommendation API is developed in Elixir. Chicago, Illinois, US.
- RevZilla Motorsports (GitHub) - Philadelphia-based retailer bent on enhancing the experience of the Motorcycle Enthusiast. Home-grown Elixir ecom system in production.
- The book of everyone (Github) - Personalised books and unique gifts for your loved ones, made by our talented team of creatives. Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain.
- The RealReal (GitHub) - Marketplace for luxury fashion resale products.
Albert (Github) - Learn anything through interactive practice: College math and science, Advanced Placement®, SAT®, ACT®, GRE®, GMAT®, literature, social science, history, and more. Our API services are built with Elixir, Phoenix, and PostgreSQL. Chicago, Illinois.
Blake eLearning - Blake eLearning is dedicated to making learning fun, motivational and effective for young children, teaching the essential skills needed for success at school.
Grasp - Android/iOS/Web application facilitating real-time education group work
Workshops.de (Github) - An education company based in Essen, Germany. Well known for high quality workshops in the information technology area. The web application is entirely written in Elixir and based on the Phoenix Framework - running in production since early 2016.
- Brighterlink (GitHub) - All-in-one energy platform for analytics, utilities and procurement. We use Elixir for backend API (powered by phoenix) and also for thousands of worker processes to fetch, parse and write data from embedded devices to our time-series database.
- AlphaSights (GitHub) - Global knowledge broker with regional hubs in Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East.
- Findmypast (Github) - Findmypast makes original historical documents available to search online, so that people can explore a collection of over two billion records find their ancestors and trace their family tree from the comfort of their own home worldwide. London, UK.
- Useful - Useful is the job management app for field service companies, allowing users to see crew locations, send and receive work orders and manage their business through an iPad. We use Elixir in production for all of our API services. Boulder, Colorado.
- Kittysplit - A webapp that alows easy splitting of group expenses.
- MarketFactory (Github)- A low-latency FX platform connecting banks/traders to 70+ different FX venues. We leverage elixir/phoenix for multiple back end microservices (ie. trade execution). New York, NY, USA.
- Nebo15 (Github) - Large peer-to-peer lending platform completely on Elixir, from scratch. Kiev, Ukraine.
- Resuelve (Github) - Multiple retail financial services in LATAM. Elixir is used in the CBS (Core Banking System) and P2P loan service.
- Planswell (Github) - The company that helps you feel better about your money. Fund your retirement. Send a child to school. Pay off your debts. Planswell shows you how to achieve your biggest goals with one single monthly contribution. Toronto, Canada.
- TrustBK - A Bank for Small and Medium Businesses. Elixir is used for the Core Banking System (CBS). Based in Paris, France.
- Farmbot (Github) - Humanity's first open-source CNC farming machine. Farmbot using Elixir for the Raspberry Pi 3. Click here for more detail. FarmBot Inc is located at 81 South Higuera Street, Suite 160, in San Luis Obispo, California.
- 22cans (GitHub) - 22cans is an independent game studio founded by the industry legend and creator of God Game genre, Peter Molyneux. Creators of Curiosity and Godus.
- Bold Poker - (GitHub) - Bold Poker transforms mobile devices into an efficient and professional poker dealer. Elixir is used for the backend communication service the clients connect to as well as for the website.
- Emagroup - (Github) - Develop mobile games. Elixir is used for building game management tools.
- Undead Labs (GitHub) - Creators of the smash hit survival-fantasy game State of Decay and forthcoming tactical creature battler Moonrise.
- HotDoc - HotDoc provides services to doctors and their patients. We provide online bookings, reminders, follow up notifications and more. We are an Australian based company and use Elixir for some of our services and are looking to use it more.
- Mediteo (Github) - Mediteo is a young Digital Health start-up with the aim to provide the best solution to handle medication in a correct and secure way. Berlin, Germany.
- My Meds & Me (GitHub) - A leading SaaS provider of web-based adverse event and product quality capture solutions for life sciences. Click here to see how elixir being used at My Meds & Me. The company based in London.
- Pet Partners (GitHub) - Own and operate a number of veterinary hospitals across the United States. Using Elixir for all new development.
- WellMatch - Price transparency and a better way to shop for healthcare.
- Househappy(Github) - Househappytrax is a service designed to make homeownership easy. Based in Portland, Oregon, USA. We use Phoenix to build an API and admin web UI for Househappytrax.
- Recruitee (Github) - Recruitee is the easiest way for teams to organize their hiring process - and grow faster. Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Xerpa (GitHub) - Xerpa is a SaaS company aiming to simplify and modernize HR, payroll and benefits administration for Brazilian SMBs and their employees. Entire stack is functional: Elixir/Phoenix on the backend with ClojureScript frontend.
- ShoCard (GitHub) - Digital identity on the blockchain. Using Elixir/Phoenix for backend services: RESTful JSON API and internal tools.
- prima.it - Italian insurance company with a focus on cutting edge technologies.
Internet of Things
- DIGIMONDO - DIGIMONDO is building a LoRaWAN network providing connectivity for millions of IoT devices. Using Elixir for networking/routing services and web applications.
- Avvo (Github) - We believe that more information helps you make better decisions. At Avvo, we provide you with detailed information on lawyers and legal issues so that you can make the choices that are right for you. Seattle, Washington, USA.
- CONTRAKTOR - Legal contracts toolbox for Small and Medium companies! Contract creation, auto review, workflow, e-signature and contract management. Save time and avoid mistakes. Welcome to the 4th Industrial Revolution. Lawyers are ready to be disrupted? Come with us first in Brazil.
- Hello Sign (Github) - eSignature platform. Send and receive electronic signatures securely with the end-user solution or the eSignature API. San Fransisco, CA, USA.
- askCharlie - Finding the best service providers for whatever needs you might have.
- SeekPanda - Premier curated marketplace for hiring translators and interpreters.
- Storefront (GitHub) - Storefront makes it easy to find and rent short term retail space.
- Teachers Pay Teachers (GitHub) - Empowering millions of educators to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. Based in NYC, Elixir powers our backend infrastructure.
- Brutalist - The news agency specialized on traditional views.
- The Outline - A new kind of publication for a new kind of human.
- Rose Point Navigation Systems - Specializes in navigation software for recreational and professional mariners.
- Everyday Hero - Everydayhero is transforming how people give to and connect with the causes they care about most.
- Appcues (Github) - Appcues helps people publish messages into their products instantly
⚡️ 💻Follow us here for a curation of the best content for growth people. Boston, MA, US.
- AuthorityLabs (GitHub) - Accurate and reliable search engine ranking data and keyword insights. Phoenix, AZ, USA.
- GrowthPup - Helping users to grow and maintain their Instagram community.
- LookBookHQ (GitHub) - Enabling marketers to package content into seamless experiences. We use Elixir to calculate analytics for our customers. Toronto, Canada.
- Meltwater - (GitHub) - Gather insights from outside the firewall to empower your business decisions. Using Elixir for backend services. San Francisco, USA.
- Moz - (GitHub) - Products to power your online visibility.
- Workwithopal - (Github) - The Opal Platform is designed for marketing team collaboration, facilitating the production and orchestration of the brand marketing process. Portland, OR, USA.
- Spreedly (Github) - Spreedly believes the best payment experience derives from excellent software combined with business flexibility. Durham, NC, USA.
- TestingPays (GitHub) - TestingPays makes integrating and testing your payment systems easier by providing tips, guides and allowing you to simulate payment gateway responses. We power our apps in browser live tail using elixir channels (replacing ActionCable). We are based in Dublin Ireland.
- Steer - Steer is a lightweight Performance Management System for Agile teams. SaaS platform built with Elixir. Remote company with founders based in London and Barcelona.
- StoryCloud (Github) - StoryCloud has developed an industry leading content publishing platform with security, encryption and permissions. San Diego, CA, USA.
- CKDU 88.1FM - Community radio station in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Housing - Housing.com is an Indian online real estate listing portal that simplifies finding, renting, and selling homes in India.
- Opendoor - Opendoor buys your home from you, so you can skip months of selling and start your next chapter.
- nextjournal - (GitHub) - An evolving platform for computer-aided research. Elixir is used for developing the backend of the platform.
- Oyorooms - Oyorooms is the India's largest branded network of hotels. Elixir/phoenix is used in few microservices, supporting oyo website and android/ ios app.
- Heresy - (GitHub) - The days of top-down sales management are over! We are bringing Agile to Sales, empowering salespeople to improve performance with better data and collaboration. We believe that CRM software built as a “system of record” adds little value to salespeople. Heresy is a workflow application, that enables sales professionals to manage their workload, forecast accurately and crush targets every month. Through its usage, we are able to aggregate valuable data that provides salespeople and their managers with unique insights without having to run a single report. Main product and platform are built exclusively using Elixir and Phoenix. London, UK.
- Tinfoil Security - (GitHub) - Tinfoil Security provides a dynamic security scanning solution for DevOps. We integrate with your CI system to find and help resolve security vulnerabilities in web applications and web services before they ever get deployed to production. We use Elixir to power our web service scanning engine.
- Wombat Security Technologies - Wombat Security provides information security awareness and training software to help organizations teach their employees secure behavior. Our Security Education Platform includes integrated knowledge assessments, a library of simulated attacks, and interactive training modules, which have been proven to reduce successful phishing attacks and malware infections by up to 90%.
- CargoSense - CargoSense is a smart-data and MicroAnalytics Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company founded to create solutions that optimize logistics networks – in healthcare, food, medical devices and other industries with complex supply chains.
- Senseware - Senseware supports data-driven decision-making by providing real-time, actionable insight on what is happening around us in buildings and cities.
- Code Corps (GitHub) - Code Corps helps you build and fund open source software projects for social good.
- Pinterest (GitHub) - Pinterest is a visual discovery tool that you can use to find ideas for all your projects and interests.
- Yala - Yala is a chatbot that makes use of machine learning to know the best time to post to multiple social networks. Yala's ingenious algorithm can increase your exposure and receive better engagement on the items you’re sharing. Oh, and it's free.
- Bleacher Report (GitHub) - Sports media site that is revolutionizing journalism.
- ClubCollect - Billing and collection engine for sports clubs.
- Football Addicts (GitHub) - Creators of the well-known Forza Football and other leading football-related mobile applications.
- Find a Player - Organize sports games, find people to play sports with
- Sleeperbot - Fantasy Football app with chat, alerts, news, and stats.
- imby.bio (Gitlab, GitHub) - imby.bio helps individuals bring nature back in to their urban environment. The company is based in London, UK and uses Elixir as their primary back-end technology.
- Ride (Github) - Ride is the hassle-free ridesharing app that simplifies your commute and connects you with neighbors and coworkers.
- Tappsi (GitHub) - Taxi calls easier and safer in Colombia.
- Aviasales (Github) – Flights Meta Search Engine for Russian market with the main office on Phuket, Thailand. We use Elixir for our static content generator, messengers bots and couple of microservices.
- Lonely Planet (Github) - Lonely Planet is renowned for its first-hand approach, up-to-date maps and commitment to providing the best information for travellers in the United States. Elixir currently being used for couple of very important microservices. Find out more
- Qixxit - Qixxit is your personal mobility advisor. We simplify the complexity of mobility for you and combine the many ways of getting from A to B for you in a convenient way. Elixir being used for the backend part. Berlin, Germany
- Brightcove (GitHub) - A leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across connected devices.
- Evercam (GitHub) - Camera Management Software (Open Source).
Please see CONTRIBUTING for details.