Dot: The Video Game
A simple clone of an old turn-based stategy game.
How to play
- Clone the repo and load
index.htmlin your browser.
- Two players, turn based
- Each player starts with two tokens.
- You can move one token a maximum of 2 spaces per turn.
- Moving one space will cause your token to be duplicated.
- Moving two spaces will leave an empty space where you were previously.
- After moving your token, any adjacent enemy tokens will be captured.
- The game ends when all of a players pieces are captured, or there are no available moves.
Spot: The Video Game on the Nintendo Entertainment System recently, I decided I wanted a light version of the game that I could easily play with a friend in a web browser. This was put together over the course of a few afternoons. The goal was to keep it simple, make it quickly, and have some fun, so don't go looking for production code here.
- You won't see a lot of shine and polish.
- The code isn't likely to be "production ready".
require method used in tools like Node.js, using Browserify allows me to bundle the source into a single, browser compatible file. I've included a bash script (
compile.sh) that shows the command I've been using to get this done.