Book Tracker is a web app that keeps track of all the books you have read. This app is meant to be a replacement to the spreadsheet I have been using to record all the books I have read since 2008. I wanted to create something with a clean and easy-to-use user interface that would allow me to not only record the books I have read, but also analyze my reading habits across the past decade.
This app uses a tech stack consisting of Apache, MySQL, and PHP. On the front end, jQuery is used along with C3.js/ D3.js for data visualization.
Download some sample CSV files here to test the upload feature.
Create a new account, log in, and add a few books to get started. You can also upload one of the CSV files linked above to see the app working with a more complete set of book entries.
Reading Analytics Page
- Create a new account or log back into an existing account.
- Add, edit, and delete entries. Each book entry contains:
- Book title
- Year Read
- Number of Pages
- Year Published
- Was the book read for class?
- Was the book a reread?
- Different ways to sort the book entries, such as alphabetically by author or in order from newest to oldest.
- Search functionality.
- Ability to add multiple books at once by uploading a CSV file.
- Reading analytics that provide statistics and data visualizations of the user's reading habits.