Awesome event organiser resources
A list of awesome resources for (tech) event organisers to help grow and improve (tech) communities
- Meetup.com One of the most common events platforms today. Meetup has an API with various (community-contributed) client libraries.
- Sessionize.com A platform for hosting call for speakers / call for papers
- Joind.in Call for papers and feedback platform
- Papercall.io Call for papers platform
- Attending.io A great event platform for free events
- Picatic An easy-to-use event registration platform for free and paid events with a strong API for developers
- 20 Creative Event Promotion Ideas to Increase Attendance Some useful tips for marketing your events
- 15 Social Media Tactics To Increase Your Event Exposure How to use social media to gain more ticket sales
- Less obvious conference list A great checklist of things you should consider when running a conference
- How to tackle the childcare–conference conundrum
- How to make your conference perfect?
- Ultimate Event Venue Checklist for Event Planners An excellent checklist for locking in the perfect venue for your conference
- RLadies Starter Kit A brilliant example of growing distributed groups under the same banner
Ensuring safe and diverse events
- Awesome Diversity List Extra resources around diversity at events but but also in tech
- Global Diversity CFP Day A global initiative to encourage new speakers by hosting workshops around the world
- NumFOCUS DISCOVER Cookbook A guide for organizing more diverse and inclusive events and conferences, produced by the NumFOCUS Diversity & Inclusion in Scientific Computing (DISC) Program.
- Ten Simple Rules to Achieve Conference Speaker Gender Balance
- Ten tips for getting more women speakers
- How I Got 50% Women Speakers at My Tech Conference Experience of encouraging submissions from women.