Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Fixed Rift/Vive controller drift when using ZED's tracking instead of the HMD's.
- Changed the previously hard-coded layers the ZED plugin used (8-11) to be adjusted in the Inspector, and set them to 28-31 by default.
- Added toggle box to reveal a camera rig used for final HMD output, normally hidden, for advanced users.
- Added toggle boxes for the fade-in effect when the ZED initializes, and setting the ZED rig Gameobject to
- Changed greenscreen config file loading so that it will work in a build when placed in a Resources folder, and changed default save path accordingly.
- Clarified error messages from playing SVOs in loop mode with tracking enabled.
- Compatible with ZED SDK 2.7, CUDA 9.0 or 10.0, Unity 5.6.1 to 2017.4
- Add WindowsMR support through SteamVR Only (Beta).
- Fixed overwriting old mesh textures when Spatial mapping button is used while Save Mesh is checked.
- Forced pause state to false when stating a scan in case it's been left in a pause state from a previous scan.
- Fixed restart (not) required when changing post-processing settings.
- Fixed repetitive UI error when not using the plugin in VR mode in ZEDControllerTracker.cs. [ssue #21 reported on github].
- Simplified changing near and far planes in camera projection matrix.
- Fixed error messages when a wrong SVO path was provided for record or read.
- Full rework of comments in source code.
- Compatible with ZED SDK 2.6, CUDA 9.0 or 9.2, Unity 5.6.1 to 2017.4
- Added USB Headset detection function in non-play mode.
- Improved tracking status with "Camera not tracked" status if no headset connected and camera tracking is disabled
- Added ZEDControllerTracker and several example-specific scripts for intelligently positioning controller objects depending on whether you're using the Oculus/SteamVR plugins or not.
- Added Drone Shooter example.
This example reproduces the ZEDWorld drone demo app. Drones will spawn in your environment, fly around and shoot at you. Dodge or block the lasers and shoot back to blow them up. With the Oculus Integration or SteamVR plugin installed, you can fire the lasers from your controllers. Explore to see how to implement projectiles and randomly-spawning enemies without pre-scanning your environment.
- Added Movie Screen example.
This example reproduces the ZEDWorld movie demo app. Put a movie screen anywhere in your environment and scale it any size you want. Move it with your keyboard or a VR controller.
- Added Simple Plane Detection example.
Press and hold the space bar to identify flat planes where you can place a Bunny object. Release to have the bunny land on the plane with proper physics.
- Added VR Only Plane Detection.
Use your controller to place a bunny, and a baseball bat will appear in your hand. Hit the bunny and see how far you can get it to fly.
- Updated Planetarium example with new controls; you can now move and scale the solar system with a VR controller if the Oculus/SteamVR plugins are installed.
- Updated GreenScreen example to use new ZEDControllerTracker script.
It now finds the tracked object the ZED is attached to more reliably.
- Compatible with ZED SDK 2.5, CUDA 9.0 or 9.2, Unity 5.6.1 to 2017.4
- Add Full IMUData access to get angular velocity and linear acceleration through ZEDCamera.GetInternalIMUData() function.
- Modified Dark room sample into a AR "night club" light show to show how to use ZED Manager's camera brightness settings and ZEDLight script.
- Update Object Placement sample and doc.
- Fix ZEDManager's camera brightness settings through scripting.
- Fix Normal and Center on plane's detection. Refactor ZEDPlaneGameObject as MonoBehavior.
- Fix ZED Rig Mono image when game is built due to rendering path.
- Fix crash when moving SVO playback playhead.
- Fix Camera settings spamming errors due to pluginIsReady value not set.
- Fix loading screen blank on left eye at specific rotations (180deg).
- Fix Depth occlusion setting in Rig mono.
- Fix greenscreen wrong config file that breaks the GreenScreen example if not found.
- Remove "Restart Camera" when changing Depth occlusions as it was not needed.
- Add Vive Pro support as VR headset (not with the Vive's cameras).
- Compatible with ZED SDK 2.4.1, CUDA 9.0 or 9.1.
- Introduced new import settings that improves the AR experience. Most notably MSAA x4 and Linear color space are now enabled by default when importing the package.
- Updated camera saturation and contrast settings in ZED_Rig_Stereo prefab to improve stereo pass-through in HTC Vive. This compensates the Vive's display brightness and makes real-world images more realistic.
- The camera can now be reconnected at runtime if disconnected.
- Added runtime configuration of ZEDManager parameters.
- Moved scanned meshes, SVOs, greenscreen configuration files and .area files to /Assets/ folder by default rather than in the root project folder. This makes them accessible in the Project tab of Unity.
- Introduced multiple HitTest support functions to simplify collisions between real and virtual objects when no spatial mapping is involved (beta).
- Introduced ZEDPlaneDetectionManager.cs script to detect horizontal and vertical planes in a scene. ZEDPlaneDetectionManager inherits from MonoBehavior and must be used to have access to plane detection in Unity Scene.
- Introduced DetectPlaneAtHit() function to get the plane detected at a user-specified screen position.
- Introduced DetectFloorPlane() function to get the floor plane in the image.
- Introduced ZEDPlaneGameObject.cs to store the plane information such as its position, rotation, boundaries, etc. It also creates a GameObject representation of the plane that supports collisions and rendering.
- Introduced ZEDPlaneRenderer.cs script to display the planes detected in a scene by ZEDPlaneDetectionManager.
- Renamed getDepthAt*() and getDistanceAt*() support functions to getForwardDistanceAt*() and getEuclideanDistanceAt*() for a better understanding.
- Fixed bug with normals transformation to world frame that could lead to unstable object placement results.
- Fixed incorrect report of bandwidth issue when using 1080p and 2K resolutions.
- Fixed bug with the depth occlusion option in ZEDManager that could only be changed at runtime and applied to the left eye in stereo mode.
- Fixed the camera stream not properly closing if ZEDManager was disabled or destroyed when stopping a scene. This would result in problems reconnecting to the camera unless the device is unplugged and reconnected.
- Removed the rendering planes of ZED_Rig_Stereo prefab from the scene view when it is not played.
- Fixed bug causing the loading screen to be heavily pixelated in stereo mode.
- Fixed bug that would make error messages flash during camera loading.
- Fixed alerts about missing motion sensor during camera loading.
- Updated broken prefab references in Spatial Mapping sample and prefabs.
- Updated error message when a scene is started without the ZED SDK installed.
- Removed missing SDK window popup when play/pause is pressed. This window now only shows up when Unity is started.
- Fixed broken pause button in ZEDSVOManager.
- Specifying an invalid .area file for spatial memory no longer causes tracking to be disabled. The invalid file is now ignored.
- Fixed directional light on Object Placement scene.
- Updated lighting, animations and navigation of ZomBunny prefab to make it appear more realistic.
- PlaceOnScreen.cs (Object Placement) now instantiates new objects on click rather than moving the pre-existing object.
- Updated Oculus Package detection ("OVR" is now "Oculus") in ZEDOculusControllerManager.cs.
- Compatible with ZED SDK 2.4.0, CUDA 9.0 or 9.1.
- Improved Video Async Reprojection (VAR) when using ZED Mini with HTC Vive for stereo pass-through.
- Updated ZEDCamera.cs script to use the ZED Mini inertial sensors to improve reprojection.
- Fixed camera FPS value when the camera is disconnected.
- On certain configurations, VRCompositor in SteamVR can freeze when using HTC Vive and ZED. Updating Nvidia drivers to 390.77 can fix the issue. Read more.
- An optimal stereo pass-through experience can be obtained using ZED Mini on Oculus Rift. The greater vertical field of view of HTC Vive can lead some users to report a "box" feeling when using stereo video pass-through.
- When using HTC Vive and ZED Mini for pass-through, make sure to stay in the play space and that different Lighthouse systems do not interfere. Video Async Reprojection uses Lighthouse tracking to reduce rotational latency and tracking losses can create video jumps in the headset.
Added Camera FPS, Engine FPS, Tracking Status, HMD and Plugin version in ZED Manager panel. These status will help developes see where the application's bottlenecks are.
A Camera FPS below 60FPS indicates a USB bandwidth issue. An Engine FPS below 90FPS indicates that rendering is the limiting factor. Both will induce drop frames.
Note that building and running your application greatly improves performance compared to playing the scene in Unity Editor.
Added automatic detection of OVR package to avoid having to manually define "ZED_OCULUS" in project settings when using ZEDOculusControllerManager.
Added compression settings (RAW, LOSSLESS, LOSSY) in ZEDSVOManager.cs script.
Updated ZEDCamera.cs script to include setIMUPrior(sl::Transform) function used for video pass-through.
- Fixed initial camera position when using ZED Mini and an HMD. This had an impact on virtual objects created with physical gravity up and spatial mapping mesh origin.
- Fixed ZED Manager instance creation to respect MonoBehavior implementation. Only one ZED manager instance is available at a time for an application.
- Fixed enable/disable depth occlusions settings in Deferred rendering mode.
- Fixed resize of halo effect in the Planetarium example.
- Fixed garbage matte behavior in GreenScreen example that displayed anchor spheres in the scene after loading a matte.
- Fixed Loading message when ZED tries to open.
- Remove BallLauncher message instruction, as it was not used.
Minor Fixes and Updates
- Added plugin version in ZEDCamera.cs.
- Fixed GreenScreen prefab in Canvas.
- Fixed default spatial memory path when enableTracking is true. Could throw an exception when tracking was activated in green screen prefab.
- Fixed missing but unused script in Planetarium prefab.
- Added support for ZED Mini.
- Introduced stereo passthrough feature for mixed-reality applications in VR headsets.
- Added support for Unity 2017.3.
- Added ZED_Rig_Stereo prefab, with stereo capture and passthrough rendering in VR headsets (beta version).
- Renamed ZED_Rig_Left into ZED_Rig_Mono, for better monoscopic/stereoscopic prefab distinction.
- Updated ZED Manager with new settings to control real-world brightness and enable/disable AR occlusions using depth.
- Added ZEDSupportFunctions.cs to help users retrieve depth and normals at screen or world position. Some of these functions are used in the Object Placement sample.
- Added ZEDMixedRealityPlugin.cs to handle stereo passthrough in Oculus Rift and HTC Vive Headset.
- Renamed ZEDTextureOverlay.cs into ZEDRenderingPlane.cs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Added Planetarium scene to demonstrate how to create a solar system in mixed-reality. This is a simplified version of the ZED World app built with Unreal Engine.
- Added Object Placement scene to demonstrate how to place an object in the real world without using Spatial Mapping.
- Added Dark Room scene to demonstrate how to decrease the brightness of the real world using the Camera Brightness settings in ZEDManager.cs.
- Refactored plugin organization and architecture.
- Added Spatial Mapping module to allow physical interactions between the virtual and real-world.
- Improved chroma key in Green Screen sample. Matte edges are now much cleaner and sharper.
- Improved PBS lighting in forward rendering mode.
- Added AR post-processing shaders to enable realistic integration of virtual objects in video.
- Added OpenGL support.
- Added camera loading screen with error reporting.
- Added callbacks reporting the camera status.
- Fixed SVO reading speed when playing back recorded videos in Unity.
- Fixed multithreading issue leading to crashes on computers with low resources.