Work with Visual Studio (MSBuild) projects from inside Visual Studio Code.
Feedback is highy appreciated! Let me know if this works for you? Are there any showstopping bugs? Any features missing?
(I should probably merge this is vscode-xbuild-tools when I have time)
- Managing the project (adding files, changing settings, etc.) has to be done using Visual Studio itself.
- Build/Clean/Debug/Run Visual Studio solutions from within vscode.
- Switch between configurations (Debug/Release)
- Debug directly from vscode - easily define debug configuration.
- Status bar items that make it easy to build, debug, switch build and debug configurations.
- Create a project in Visual Studio
- Open the project in VSCode
The example subdirectory of this repository contains a working example.
Open Visual Studio code in
example/helloworldand examine the file
msbuild-toolscommand to build, debug, run, clean, switch build configuration, and switch debug configurations.
Use the status bar to build, debug, switch configurations or kill the build.