A simple Mac app wrapper using
WKWebView for YouTube Music that allows YouTube Music to run as a standalone process.
- Media Keys
- Keyboard shortcuts
- "Now Playing" Notification Center widget
- Touch Bar media controls and scrubber
- System notifications when a new track plays
You can download the latest version at the following link:
The latest binary can also be found on the releases page or clone and compile in Xcode.
If homebrew is installed, you can also use
brew install --cask yt-music
Requirements for Building
- Xcode - To build the project
- CocoaPods - To download all of the dependencies
- An Apple Developer Account - To sign debug builds of the app.
Building YouTube Music
- Clone a copy of this repo.
- In Terminal,
cdto the repo directory and run
- Under the 'Code Signing' settings in Xcode, make sure your developer account is set for Debug builds.
Disclaimer: YT Music is an unofficial application and not affiliated with YouTube or Google Inc. in any way. "YouTube", "YouTube Music" and the "YouTube Logo" are registered trademarks of Google Inc.