Accelerating the Mobile Web with AMP
Mobile users are sick of heavy, bloated sites eating up their precious data plans. In response, the open-source Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP) Project was born. AMP promises a lean, near-instant mobile experience for users with minimal effort on the part of publishers. Come learn what AMP is all about, how you can implement it in your projects, and why it's so much more than "just a mobile version of the web."
Further Reading & Resources
- Getting Started with AMP for WordPress
- Companion blog post on stevegrunwell.com.
- What Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) means for consumers, publishers, and the future
- In-depth analysis of AMP and its implications on publishers from 10up.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project plugin
- Plugin by Automattic (and others) for implementing AMP within WordPress.
- Setting up WordPress for AMP: Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Release announcement and tutorial for integrating Yoast SEO with AMP.
- WordCamp Northeast Ohio (NEO) 2016 - June 11, 2016