Code Review: For Me & You
On the surface, the idea of code review is a no-brainer: why wouldn't we want a second set of eyes on our code, especially before deploying to production?
As we peel back the layers, however, we find that the topic of code review is much more nuanced. How detailed should the review be? Who is qualified to perform the review (hint: it's not just senior developers)? Can we afford to take another developer away from their project to review this one? What steps can we take to ensure reviews are constructive, rather than demoralizing?
Attendees will gain deeper insight into some of the arguments for and against systemic, peer code review, as well as pick up some useful tools to make code review a natural part of their teams' workflow.
- Cascadia PHP 2019 — September 20, 2019 (PDF, Joind.in)
- Beer City Code 2019 — June 1, 2019 (PDF)
- php[world] 2018 — November 14, 2018 (Joind.in, PDF)
- Cascadia PHP 2018 — September 15, 2018 (Joind.in, PDF)
- INN Labs Office Hours — May 25, 2018 (Video, PDF)
- WordCamp Dayton 2018 — May 19, 2018 (PDF)