Build and Release Confidently with Continuous Integration and Delivery
Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) are the Holy Grail for software development teams: no matter who pushes the feature, the same tests are run, the same processes are followed, and nothing gets released without satisfying well-defined quality standards.
Unfortunately, setting up that initial CI/CD workflow can be a bit daunting for teams that don’t have an experienced DevOps engineer.
Fear not, my dear developers! This talk breaks down the basic concepts of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and how to integrate them into your team’s workflow. Whether you’re working on a small side project or your next big idea, CI and CD can make the journey better.
For this talk, we’ll be using GitLab’s (free) CI/CD pipelines, but the principles translate well to any major CI/CD platform!
- GitLab CI/CD Pipeline Configuration Reference
- Continuous Delivery Vs. Continuous Deployment: What's the Diff? by Carl Caum
- Atomic Deployments from Scratch by Steve Grunwell
- Ohio Laravel — November 6, 2019 (PDF, YouTube)
- php[world] 2019 — October 23, 2019 (PDF, Joind.in)
- Cincy Deliver 2019 — July 26, 2019 (PDF)