Up to my Eyeballs in Technical Debt!
Every decision we make in our projects has the potential to increase or reduce technical debt. While the only way to completely eliminate the debt is to never write any code, there are steps that we as engineers, project managers, and project stakeholders can take to mitigate our risk.
This talk covers the concept of technical debt, its potential to devastate projects, and red flags that project teams can look for to reduce its impact before it spirals out of control.
- PHPDX — September 17, 2018 (PDF)
- php[world] 2016 - November 17, 2016 (joind.in, PDF)
- WordPress DC Meetup - November 15, 2016 (PDF)
- Spaghetti photo courtesy of Pixabay.
- Waterfall photo by Jeffrey Workman.
- Comic strip by CommitStrip