Twitter OAuth Example
Twitter OAuth example using Elixir and Phoenix with authenticated requests
There are a few good examples showing how to use OAuth authentication in Phoenix and Elixir, but I wanted a solution which used a small amount of dependencies, and had the ability to make authenticated requests on behalf of a user.
Read more at http://headynation.com/twitter-oauth-elixir-phoenix/
- Create a new twitter app https://apps.twitter.com/
- Make sure to set a Privacy URL and Terms Of Service URL
- Make sure you set the Callback URL to
- After creating, modify app's settings
- Update the app's settings with "Read and Write" for the Access Type
dev.secret.exsand fill your app's in consumer key and secret
Start the app:
- Install dependencies with
- Install Node.js dependencies with
- Start Phoenix endpoint with
Now you can visit
localhost:4000 from your browser.