MJ588 Emerging Technologies
This course will introduce students to storytelling with emerging technologies used in storytelling in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, 360 Video, robots, drones and other new technologies. Students will have the opportunity to learn and work with the latest VR hardware including the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive.
Student will learn
- Media Product Design Concepts (Human Centered Design)
- How Virtual Reality Works with the brain
- What makes a good VR and AR Experience
- Storytelling in both 360 video, AR and VR.
- Technical skills to produce storytelling including drones and robots
Producing effective interactive media projects requires extensive and detailed skill sets. This class will teach skills in shooting and editing drone video, 360 video, creating virtual environments in Unity, file generations for multiple platforms and build on critical, ethical and journalistic decision-making to generate quality interactive storytelling.
Drone Course https://remotepilot101.com/ use code UNC20 for 20% off, Ends January 31st.
Access to Labs: http://jhelp.web.unc.edu/access/
Adobe Software http://software.sites.unc.edu/adobe/
Lynda Login http://software.sites.unc.edu/lynda/