InterfaceLIFT Wallpaper Downloader
An InterfaceLIFT wallpaper auto-downloader and sync tool for node.js.
It takes way too long to download all of the great images in InterfaceLIFT's wallpaper collection by hand, and I'm too much of a cheap bastard to pay them for the privilege of using their bulk download service. So here is the leechers way of grabbing all of their wallpapers quickly, easily, and for free.
Install this package globally via NPM by running the following command:
npm install -g interfacelift-downloader
You now have access to the
interfacelift-downloader [resolution] [path]
interfacelift-downloader command accepts two arguments:
- The resolution option needs to be the image resolution that you want to search for (e.g. 1920x1080).
- The path is the path to save the downloaded files to. If specified this must be a path to a folder based on your current working directory (e.g. downloads, or ../wallpaper/1080) or the full path. (e.g. ~/downloads, or /Users/steven/downloads) If this option is omitted then files will be saved to your current working directory.
To save files to your current folder
Navigate to the path that you want to save the files in and execute the
interfacelift-downloader command with the resolution that you want to search for as an argument. Here is an example:
This will tell the script to search for all images with a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and save them to your current working directory. It will not download or overwrite any existing files.
To save files to a specific folder
Same as above but specify the path to the save directory from your current working directory as the third argument. For example:
interfacelift-downloader 1920x1080 downloads/1920x1080
This will tell the script to search for all images with a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and save them to the downloads/1920x1080 directory. It will not download or overwrite any existing files.
You can also specify a full path.
interfacelift-downloader 1920x1080 ~/downloads/1920x1080
interfacelift-downloader 1920x1080 /Users/steven/downloads/1920x1080
Please feel free to add features or fix bugs yourself! I welcome pull requests for this project. If you would like to submit a patch then simply fork this project, make your changes and submit a new pull request.
v2.2.0 (Sep 19, 2015)
- Added support for absolute paths.
v2.1.2 (Nov 16, 2014)
- Added 21:9 monitor resolutions.
- Added portrait mode monitor resolutions.
- Added more widescreen monitor resolution.
v2.1.1 (Apr 27, 2014)
- Added 2x2 monitor resolutions.
v2.1.0 (Mar 22, 2014)
- Fixed unhandled exception thrown on random image redirects.
- Fixed unhandled exception thrown on 404 errors.
- Fixed resolution parameter being ignored when path is specified.
- Argument errors will now cause the process to exit with a failure code.
- Optimized how files are saved to disk.
- Optimized call stack memory usage for image downloader.
v2.0.2 (Dec 14, 2013)
- Added dual monitor resolutions.
- Added triple monitor resolutions.
- Added netbook monitor resolutions.
- Added 1600x900 monitor resolution.
v2.0.1 (Mar 27, 2013)
- Added destination path option to CLI.
v2.0.0 (Mar 20, 2013)
- Removed http-agent dependency to support Node.js 0.10.0.
- Added NPM support to the project.
- The script will no longer create download folders.
- Major refactor of the project to use modular code.
v1.0.0 (Feb 23, 2013)
- Initial public release.
(This project is released under the MIT license.)
Copyright (c) 2015 Steven Benner (http://stevenbenner.com/)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.