Gitil (a contraction of Git and utils) is a set of tools that I have developed to simplify some common tasks I often have todo in Git such as merging a branch into master our creating a tag and pushing the tag. Originialy some of these tools where python scripts, but I have decided to bundle them into a singular CLI program. Everyone is free to use and extend my program, however there aren't are a lot of error handeling checks build in, therefore I don't recommend using this for mission critcial enterprise projects as it can really mess up your git repo's.
Like I said I wanted to bundle my python scripts in a cross platform CLI tool. C and C++ where to difficult and too verbose for me. I was learning Go as a side project and decided that this would be an excellent test case for trying to improve my Go skills.
How to use
Grab a binary from the latest release and add it to your $path. You can also clone this repo and run the makefile. After instalation run
- Single command merging a branch to master
- Single command mering master into a branch
- Single command merging master in all brances
- Git cloning
- Single commmand rest hard
- Create a gitignore from gitignore.io from the command line
- Single commnad fetch all
- Single command add all, commmit and push
- Single command create tag and push
gitil help to see all commands.
- Automaticly clonening, creating a gitignore, creating a v0.1.0 tag and pushing it all
- Way better error handling
- A plugin system
- Plugins for my IDE's and Editors