A ROS package for racing an autonomous RC car.
This project is a work in progress. The goal is to enable an RC car to race autonomously around an on-road RC track (or some other area). You can follow the progress at my Medium account, where I am documenting the development process.
The name Ghost comes from the ghost car feature in racing video games.
Below are the main project components and their status
- Car/Computer Interface - Complete
- Odometry Estimation - In Progress
- Lane Detection - In Progress, prototype version in place
- Localization - TODO
- Path Tracking Controller - TODO
All software is developed in ROS Indigo. Perform the commands below from within your ROS workspace.
To download and build:
git clone https://github.com/stevendaniluk/ghost.git catkin_make
To build and upload the arduino code:
rosrun rosserial_arduino make_libraries.py build/ghost/ catkin_make ghost_arduino_controller_interface catkin_make ghost_arduino_controller_interface-upload
This will build the ghost messages, compile the arduino code, and upload it to the arduino (which should be connected via USB). Note: in order to build the messages for the arduino, your workspace must be re-sourced after the package is built with
catkin_make (either open a new terminal window, or run
- Kyosho TF-5 Stallion 1/10th On-road RC Car
- Arduino Nano Microcontroller
- Phidgets Spatial 3/3/3 IMU
- PointGrey Blackfly Camera
- Intel NUC i5