thoughtbot's Suspenders modified for Heroku.
git clone git://github.com/dancroak/heroku_suspenders.git cd heroku_suspenders ./script/create_project project_name
This will create a Rails 2.3.2 app with Heroku-recommended code:
- Paperclip for file uploads, set for Amazon S3
- Gmail SMTP for email
- Delayed Job for background processing
- Hoptoad Notifier for exception notification
- Google Analytics for usage analytics
... and some other opinions:
- Clearance for authentication
- Active Merchant for payment processing
- Cucumber, Shoulda, Factory Girl, Mocha, Fakeweb, & Timecop for testing
- Inherited Resources for RESTful controllers
- Formtastic for form builders
- Flutie for CSS framework
- Blitz for features, model, controller, & helper generators
If you don't have all the necessary gems, they will be installed.
Get the latest & greatest at anytime with:
A helper rake task will prompt you for all your production config vars (S3 keys, GMail account, Hoptoad API key...) and set them on your Heroku app:
More details available in doc/README_FOR_TEMPLATE.
The official Suspenders mascot is Suspenders Boy: