PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin
This is the offical plugin for Facebook Connect in PhoneGap!
This is all licensed under MIT except for app/www/facebook_js_sdk.js which is the Facebook JS SDK and is Apache 2.0.
Download the latest version of PhoneGap from www.phonegap.com.
Create an Android or iOS PhoneGap project -- those are the only platforms that the Facebook native application currently runs on :(
Check out the /example/www/index.html to see how it works.
|-lib | `-facebook_js_sdk.js |-natve | |-android | |-ios `-www `-pg-plugin-fb-connect.js
/lib/facebook_js_sdk.js is the modified facebook js sdk, these modifications will be in their repo soon.
/native/android | ios is the native code for the plugin on both android and ios platforms.
Currently this plugin does not support dialogs, that is coming soon!
Create a basic PhoneGap Android application. See http://www.phonegap.com/start/#android
In the PhoneGap Andoroid application you will need to put the following in your /res/xml/plugins.xml file:
<plugin name="com.facebook.phonegap.Connect" value="com.phonegap.facebook.Connect" />
From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the /native/android/ folder into the root of your PhoneGap Android application, add the Facebook Android SDK to the build path.
From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the /www/pg-plugin-fb-connect.js and /lib/facebook_js_sdk.js files into your /assets/www/ folder.
Now you are ready to create you application! Check out the example folder for what the HTML, JS etc looks like.
Now you can run the application from either the command line (ant debug install) or from Eclipse.
iOS (Mac OS X)
- Make sure you've registered your Facebook app with Facebook, and have an APP__ID and APP__SECRET
- Get the latest iOS source from http://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-iphone and read the README there about getting started with iOS.
- Create a new Xcode project from the PhoneGap template that you created and installed (you did that if you read the README on github I hope).
- From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the native/ios folder into your app in Xcode (usually in the Plugins folder group). Make sure it is added as a "group" (yellow folder)
- Modify the APP__SECRET value in FacebookConnectPlugin.m with your Facebook app's APP__SECRET
- Find the PhoneGap.plist file in the project navigator, expand the "Plugins" sub-tree, and add a new entry. For the key, add com.phonegap.facebook.Connect, and its value will be FacebookConnectPlugin
- From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the app/www folder into the www directory in Xcode overwriting the index.html and icon.png files but keeping the phonegap.*.js file
- From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the lib folder into the www directory in Xcode
- for Xcode 4, you will need to build it once, and heed the warning - this is an Xcode 4 template limitation. The warning instructions will tell you to drag copy the www folder into the project in Xcode (add as a folder reference which is a blue folder).
- Under the group Supporting Files, find your [PROJECTNAME]-Info.plist, right-click on the file and select Open As -> Source Code, add the URL Scheme from the section below (you will need your Facebook APP_ID)
- In terminal, navigate to the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder. Type ./start.sh to run the script to download the Facebook iOS SDK.
- Drag the facebook-ios-sdk.xcodeproj located in the lib/iosFBSDK/src folder into your project, this will create it as a sub-project
- Click on your project's icon (the root element) in Project Navigator, select your Target, and the Build Phases tab.
- From the Build Phases tab, expand Target Dependencies, then click on the + button
- Add the build product from the facebook-ios-sdk sub-project
- From the Build Settings tab, search for Header Search Paths
- Add the value /Users/Shared/PhoneGap/Frameworks/PhoneGap.framework/Headers
- From the facebook-ios-sdk.xcodeproj sub-project, drag out the FBConnect folder into your project's Plugins folder, and add it as a group (yellow folder).
- Run the application in Xcode.
iOS URL Scheme
Make sure you add the scheme to your [PROJECTNAME]-Info.plist (located as one of the files in your Xcode project), substitute [APP_ID] and [SCHEME_ID] below to the appropriate values. This is to handle the re-direct from Mobile Safari or the Facebook app, after permission authorization.
- [SCHEME_ID] is usually a unique identifier for the scheme, in reverse domain name notation (i.e com.facebook.phonegap.myscheme)
- [APP_ID] is the Facebook app id given by Facebook
<key>CFBundleURLTypes</key> <array> <dict> <key>CFBundleURLName</key> <string>[SCHEME_ID]</string> <key>CFBundleURLSchemes</key> <array> <string>fb[APP_ID]</string> </array> </dict> </array>