Free and Open Source Software Lesson
This lesson is designed for late high school/early college students. It was given to Summer Youth students working in the Library. It's a bit dense and technical, but I think/hope it's the start of something useful. It should take around 30 minutes.
This lesson includes:
- A reading on free and open source software that students read in-class prior to the lesson. It's based on this article.
- The Markdown for the slides used. I like Hacker Slides.
- The rough lesson plan, with timings.
- Get students talking/thinking in terms of their phones and apps and use that as the intellectual pivot point
- Bring the lesson around to the reading toward the end
- Privacy/surveillance seemed to resonate
- Steven Ovadia (hopefully more soon!)